The selection committee will make their determinations based on, but not limited to,
the following criteria. The individuals nominated for the awards should have:
This site serves as the official source for the awards program criteria.
- Excellent communication skills when interacting with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Proven ability to cooperate and work as a team player in both the individual department
as well as the Academic Affairs Division.
- Provided outstanding customer service to students, parents and others who seek our
- The ability to work independently.
- Effective leadership skills.
- Provided productive, vital contributions to the Academic Affairs Division as well
as to individual departments.
- Maintained high standards for the daily “behind the scene” production functions.
- Provided timely and effective student services.
- Willingness to go the extra step to provide services to both students and faculty
during office hours and busy “peak” times.
- Created an environment that provides a sense of confidence to students that the office
is concerned, accurate, and responsive to their needs.
- Demonstrated willingness to go the extra mile to solve a problem.
- Provided individual leadership on projects and work teams.
- Taken on leadership roles when needed.
- Demonstrated willingness to do mundane “background” work such as completing research
and using organizational skills in order to elevate their office productivity.
Changes to this website, recommended by the AA Awards committee, should be forwarded
Office of the Provost
360 Administration Building
Memphis, TN 38152-3370