The University of Memphis Adult Scholarship
Adult students often go through varying degrees of hardship when beginning or returning
to complete their education. The Adult Scholarship Program is designed to help adult
students reach their educational goals. This highly competitive, renewable scholarship
is $5,500 per year for full-time students; $3,000 per year for part-time students
and is awarded annually to a limited number of students.
- In-state and out-of-state undergraduate students are eligible.
- Must be pursuing first undergraduate degree to be eligible.
- Students must reach their 25th birthday by August 1st of application year.
- Current students must have a 3.0 cumulative G.P.A. and new students must meet Adult
Admission requirements to be considered for selection.
- Part-time students must complete a minimum of 6 hours and full-time students must
complete a minimum of 12 hours per semester.
- Preference given to students who do not already have a scholarship.
In addition to the above requirements, applicants must also submit a typed essay (500
words or less) detailing "Why I need or deserve an adult scholarship."
The MARCH 1, 2013 deadline for the 2013-14 Adult Scholarship Application has now passed.
The Tennessee Hope Lottery Scholarship -
Nontraditional Student Component
The non-traditional student must be a Tennessee resident, complete the Free Application
for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and be enrolled at an eligible postsecondary institution.
In addition, the student must:
- Be age 25 or older, as an entering freshman in an eligible postsecondary institution
OR have not been enrolled for at least two (2) years after last attending any postsecondary
institution and is now enrolled at an eligible postsecondary institution
- Must have parents' or independent student's and spouse's adjusted gross income of
$36,000 or less on IRS tax form
- Be continuously enrolled at an eligible postsecondary institution in the fall and
spring semesters and maintain satisfactory academic progress
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 after 12 attempted semester hours or required
GPA at subsequent benchmark
To continue receiving the HOPE Scholarship, the non-traditional student shall meet
the HOPE Scholarship Renewal Criteria mentioned above.