This is the session in which many faculty and students come to learn about the candidate.
The presentation usually lasts about an hour, including questions. The following are
suggestions for making this a positive experience:
- In consultation with the candidate, decide if the presentation will be on the first
or second day of the visit.
- Post the title, name of the candidate, time, and room for the session in strategic
locations at least two days in advance of the session. You may wish to e-mail this
information to the department faculty.
- Check with the candidate to determine equipment needs (e.g., overhead projector, power
point, etc.) and be sure that the equipment is in the room and working properly. It
is recommended that the candidate check the room and equipment out in advance of the
presentation. You may also have someone familiar with the equipment be available at
the presentation just in case of any malfunction of the equipment.
- Send out reminders to the faculty the day before and on the morning of the presentation.
- The coordinator of the visit should present a very brief introduction of the candidate
including name, academic background, current position, and title of the presentation.
- Some units may want additional presentations scheduled to discuss specific research
agendas and needs.
Faculty Administrative Services
374 Administration Building
Memphis, TN 38152-3370