The University of Memphis received permission to reduce non-resident tuition. There are some different ways this reduction is applied - based primarily on geography. This tuition structure applies to all non-resident students (both current and future) who attend the University of Memphis.
The approved proposal created three categories of non-resident student. Click the label of each link below to discover exactly what the new program entails for each group:
- Border County Residents
- Click to apply as a Border County Applicant.
- There is no change in tuition charges for those students who reside in one of the 5 bordering counties. Qualified border county students will continue to receive the in-state equivalency the same as always.
- 250-R Program (Undergraduate students who attend HS within the 250-mile radius)
- Click to apply as a 250-R Program Applicant.
- Students who attend(ed) a high school which is contained in a 250-mile radius of the University of Memphis are eligible for this substantial tuition reduction. This list of qualifying high schools is sorted by state to help easily clarify which schools are included in the new tuition rate.
- Students who receive the 250-R Program tuition rate will also receive a cap on the
non-resident portion of their tuition at 12 credits.
- This benefit means students are charged the equivalent of in-state tuition rates on any credits over 12 in a given term.
- Non-Resident Tuition (Students who attended HS outside of 250-mile radius)
- Click to apply as a Non-Resident Applicant.
- Undergraduate students who attend(ed) a high school beyond a 250-mile radius of the
University of Memphis are eligible for a substantial tuition reduction compared to
previous costs. Those students who attend(ed) a high school that is not contained
on this list of qualifying above are automatically included in this category.