International Undergraduate Requirements
The University of Memphis welcomes students from all over the world. International students must submit the following to be eligible for admission:
- Apply for Admission as an Undergraduate International Student (for both First-Time Freshman and First-Time Transfer students)
- Apply for Admissions as a Graduate International Student (for those who already have at least a bachelor’s degree)
- Pay the non-refundable application fee ($50 USD for undergraduate students and $60 USD for graduate students) at the time the application is submitted.
- If you are a transfer student, have your college submit your transcript/s to a NACES-accredited credentialing company and have a course-by-course evaluation done from that organization. Freshmen applicants should have a general education evaluation completed with a GPA calculation. There is a cost to the student for these assessments. The NACES organization you choose must send your original documents, along with their evaluation, to the University of Memphis. Consider sending all your documents in at once to avoid multiple charges from that company to process your records.
- Students from non-English speaking countries must submit a TOEFL or the IELTS test.
- All international students must submit a certification of finances document, which establishes the ability to pay for school and support the student while studying at the University.
- Health records must be provided within 30 days of the first day of classes showing freedom from Tuberculosis. (NOTE: All international students must purchase a health insurance policy or provide proof of government sponsored health insurance before they will be allowed to enroll.)
Applicants are evaluated for admission using a Comprehensive Review, but certain expectations are necessary to be considered for admission. You will find more information available in the Undergraduate Catalog.