Destiny A. Whitmore
History with a Minor in English
The U of M offered everything that I was searching for: plenty of majors to choose from, a beautiful campus, a real university community, and a great sports program for a sports fanatic like me. Not a day goes by that I am not proud to call myself a Memphis Tiger!
|Partnership Enrollment Program FAQ
- What is the Partnership Enrollment Program (PEP) with the University of Memphis?
Beginning fall 2009 the University of Memphis will partner with community colleges
in the West Tennessee and border county areas to offer a Partnership Enrollment Program
that guarantees university admission to any student who completes the associate's
degree university track (A.A.or A.S.). The agreement benefits students by reducing
the total cost of higher education by encouraging students to complete the associate's
degree at the community college. Students also benefit from improved and collaborative
academic advising and by completion of joint admissions contracts. This agreement
provides only for general admission to the University of Memphis. Requirements for
admission to individual academic programs may vary. By making this choice early in
their academic career, students will receive advising and access to some University
of Memphis services and activities prior to their admission to the U of M.
- What are the benefits of enrolling under the Partnership Enrollment Program Agreement?
If you enroll in the Partnership Enrollment Program with the University of Memphis
and complete an associate's degree university track (AA/AS) at a participating partner
community college, you will:
- enjoy the benefits of academic counseling from a University of Memphis Transfer Advisor.
- be eligible to participate in priority pre-registration in University courses for
your first semester after community college graduation.
- be released from completing the University of Memphis application when transferring.
- have the transfer application fee (currently $25) waived.
- receive access to Campus Recreation & Intramural Services + Student Activities - $65/semester
- receive access to student athletic events via payment of FT student athletic fee -
- receive access to a parking permit - $30/ per semester.
- lock-in degree requirements at the time you enter the program. You have the choice
of completing the degree requirements in effect at the time you complete the Intent
to Enroll form or of completing new requirements that may go into effect after that
- Who can participate?
Partner community college students who:
Qualified students will begin receiving advising from university advisors as soon
as they sign up.
- meet current admission criteria at the partner community college.
- are enrolled at a partner community college in an associate's degree university track
- have earned fewer than 30 higher education credits.
- complete the associate degree with a minimum overall combined 2.0 GPA as computed
by the University of Memphis. (Individual departmental requirements may be higher.)
- are in good academic standing.
- are in compliance with the code of conduct for the community college where they are
- do not attend another institution between the time of graduation from the partner
community college and formally enroll at the University of Memphis.
- formally enroll in the University of Memphis within one year of the completing the
associate degree at the partner community college.
- Where do I go if I have questions about the Partnership Enrollment Program?
- What commitment am I making to the University?
None. Enrolling in the Partnership Enrollment Program does not obligate you in any
way or prevent you from exploring options at other colleges and universities.
- What are the Partnership Enrollment Program procedures?
If you have determined that you are eligible to take part in the Partnership Enrollment
Program and that the University of Memphis is your choice for the completion of your
bachelor's degree, you are ready to proceed.
- What are the requirements for transitioning to U of M?
- You must continue to enroll at the partner community college.
- You must comply with the partner community college and U of M advising requirements.
- You must remain in good academic standing and in compliance with the code of conduct.
- When should I apply for the PEP?
You can apply for the PEP any time up to the point you have earned no more than 30
hours. These credits include all courses taken at an institution of higher education,
not just those taken at the partner community college. When you have decided on a
major you should apply for the PEP.
- What if there are additional admission requirements to enter a specific program at
U of M?
You must meet the requirements for admission into specific majors that are established
for all students. These requirements could include preparing a portfolio of work,
earning specific GPA or another requirement. You will be advised regarding these requirements
when you indicate your choice of major. The PEP guarantees admission to the University of Memphis, not to specific degree
- Can I participate in the PEP if I have earned credit from AP, CLEP, military training,
college courses in high school, or another source?
Yes, as long as the total number of college level credits that you have earned when
you sign up for the PEP is less than 30, you can enroll.
| | | | Memphis, TN 38152 | 901/678-2000 | Copyright 2015 | | Last Updated:
| | |
Office of Admissions | 204 Wilder Tower | Memphis, TN 38152 | 901-678-2111 |