Join our Online Career Speaker Series
The Alumni Association is excited to announce a new exclusive benefit for Association members: the Career Management Community.
Have you noticed how much the job search process has changed? The Internet and Social Media websites have drastically changed the way hiring managers find employees. Today you need to develop your online presence on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and other social media channels as well as master interviewing and the job search process.
To help you build a successful career and job search strategy, we are introducing a new Alumni Career Speaker Series that will deliver the nation’s top career authors and experts right to your computer for live Webinars.
Building a successful career starts with having the right job search skills. Join us and continue your commitment to make the next job search faster, easier and more productive!
We have partnered with TalentMark to provide a comprehensive online career management opportunity for our Alumni Association members.
To access your exclusive career management community and to participate in webinars:
- Log in to myMemphis.edu and select the "Association Member" tab*
- Under the Career Management Community channel, select "Click here to log in"
- Once in the community, select "Register" in the top right corner
- Select "Events" to view upcoming and past webinars
Spotlight on Upcoming Career Cast:
Wednesday, December 3, 7:00-8:00 pm CT
John Kador, "Master the Art & Science of Interviewing"
Studies show the average job seeker will go through 16 interviews before getting a job offer! Join John Kador, author of 301 Best Questions to ASK on Your Interview, to learn how you can maximize the opportunities you get. You will walk away with a strategy that gives you more confidence and control of the interview process.
You will learn:
1. How to wow interviewers when asked, “Is there anything you'd like to ask us?"
2. The behaviors hiring managers are looking for in candidates.
3. Dozens of questions and simple research exercises you can use at an interview to make you more memorable than your competitors.
*Available only to Alumni Association members. Not a member of the U of M Alumni Association? JOIN NOW!