Frequently Asked Questions
I joined the Alumni Association, but I have not received my membership card yet. How long does it usually take?
- It usually takes about 5-7 business days to receive your membership packet.
- If you need a membership card before that time, you can stop by the Alumni Center, located at 635 Normal Street, during business hours (Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30 pm) to pick up a temporary membership card.
- If you have not received it after 7 days, please contact our membership analyst, Shanette Jenkins-Parks, at 901-678-5016 to check on the status and confirm that the address we have on file is correct.
I just renewed my Alumni Association membership and followed the instructions above,
but I do not see the option to enable Email for Life.
- Please note: Once you join the Alumni Association, it can take two or more business days for your membership to process in the system. You will not be able to activate your email account until that time.
I am unable to access my @memphis.edu account. How do I fix this?
- Access to an @memphis.edu email account is for faculty, staff, students and Alumni Association members only. This benefit for Association members is referred to as Email for Life.
- Not a member? JOIN NOW then click here for information on how to set up your Email for Life account. (Please note: It can take two or more business days for your membership to process in the system. You will not be able to activate your email account until that time.)
- Students will have access to their account for 6 months after graduation.
- Recent graduates: Because the Alumni Association offers graduates a one-year complimentary Association membership, you will have access to your account until that membership expires. These students do not need to take any initial action to opt-in to Email for Life. To retain access, you must renew your Association membership. If your membership lapses for any time, you will then need to follow these steps to re-activate your account.
- One possibility is that your password has expired. The University has enacted a policy that all passwords must be changed every 365 days. To change your password, go to iam.memphis.edu. Select "Forgot Password" and follow the steps to set a new password. If you are unable to remember the answers to your security questions, from iam.memphis.edu select "Initialize Your Account." You will then need to contact the Helpdesk at 901-678-8888 to receive your 10 digit code.
- Current University of Memphis employees: If you are involuntarily terminated from the University, you will no longer have access to your @memphis.edu email account. Please contact your HR representative regarding this policy.
- For additional technical problems, please contact the Helpdesk at 901-678-8888.
FAM and Blue Crew Members: I joined online, how do I get my t-shirt?
- You will need to pick up your t-shirt at the Alumni Center, located at 635 Normal Street during normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm). Print out your confirmation page to show the person at the front desk.
- You can also get a temporary membership card at this time if you have not received your permanent membership card.
How do I access the Savings Connection and online discount codes?
- Click here for step-by-step directions
For additional questions, please contact the Alumni Association at firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-678-2586.