Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law Alumni Chapter
2013 Pillars of Excellence
Friend of the Law School
The Belz Family
The 2013 Pillars of Excellence is presented by
The Pillars of Excellence Award was created in 2007 by the
Law Chapter of the University of Memphis Alumni Association
to recognize attorneys in the Memphis-area legal community who have made significant contributions to the practice of law in their civic and professional lives.
Each of these recipients exemplify and exceed this standard.
We are pleased to honor them.
John Paul "Jack" Jones
The Pillars of Excellence are chosen by a committee comprised of all Past Presidents of the University of Memphis Law Alumni Chapter. Their selections are based upon the following criteria:
To be named a Pillar of Excellence, a person must exemplify all of these characteristics:
• Living at the time of selection;
• Admitted to the practice of law for more than forty-five years;
• Significant service to the legal profession including membership in bar associations and participation in bar association activities;
• Significant service to the community including involvement in civic and charitable organizations;
• Leadership roles in both the legal and civic communities;
• Other significant contributions to the practice of law; and
• General recognition among the Memphis Bar that the honoree possesses the highest legal skills and ethical standards.