Young Alumni Updates
The e-newsletter will be distributed quarterly. To make sure you receive the email, update your contact information.
The University of Memphis Alumni Association is a non-profit organization existing
to build FRIENDS of the University and advance, connect and engage the U of M family.
Involvement in the Alumni Association is the perfect way to give back to the University.
The better the U of M and the Alumni Association are, the more YOUR degree is worth.
Through YOUNG ALUMNI you can:
- Meet and interact with your fellow Young Alumni at various events.
- Attend watch parties for select Tiger basketball and football games.
- Networking opportunities with recent graduates who are already established in their professional careers.
- Help fund the Young Alumni Legacy Scholarship.
- Stay connected with and give back to the University that did so much for you as well as the students who will follow in your footsteps.
This $500 scholarship is funded by Young Alumni to help deserving U of M graduates or professional-degree seeking students, who received an undergraduate degree at the U of M, in their studies. The deadline for the 2013-2014 book scholarship has passed.
It is the long-term goal of Young Alumni to see this scholarship endowed so that it can be permanently in place to help future graduate students of the U of M. We would like to encourage you to make a contribution, large or small, to the Young Alumni Legacy Scholarship so that we can reach our goal of endowment as soon as possible. To make a contribution online, please visit www.memphis.edu/development/give.php, click the "other" button and enter "Young Alumni Legacy Scholarship" when prompted.
Recent graduates within the last five years have the opportunity to join the Tiger Scholarship Fund for 50% of the minimum gift while receiving full benefits for that level. Young Alumni can join at 50% of any level up to Bengal Tiger ($1000).
As a Young Alumni donor, you enjoy the best of all Tiger Athletics – the best seats and the best parking. Members also have access to exclusive membership luncheons, game day events, and more! To join the Tiger Scholarship Fund today as a Young Alumni, call 901-678-2334. With your support, we’ll continue to say, “There’s never been a better time to be a Tiger!”
True Blue 5K
The University of Memphis Alumni Association Young Alumni Committee hosted the 7th Annual True Blue 5k on Friday, November 1 on the University's main campus. All proceeds from the race will support the work of the Young Alumni Committee and its commitment to building a stronger University and a stronger city of Memphis.
Tigers vs. UT Vols Watch Party
Young Alumni met at Neils - East Memphis to cheer our Tigers to victory against the Vols. The first 50 fans received a game day souvenir. View Photos
Want to join the Board? Come to our next meeting on Tuesday, October 22, at 6:15 pm at the Alumni Center.
For more information about Young Alumni or upcoming events, contact Alumni Coordinator Emma Boyd Elliott at email@example.com or 901-678-1562.
- Chair: Rachel Jacques,(BBA '09, MBA '11) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice Chair: Danielle Staggs,(BPS '08) email@example.com
- Co-Special Events Chair: Brandi Murphy,(BPS '09) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Co-Special Events Chair: Elizabeth Flannigan,(BPS '09) email@example.com
- Marketing Chair: Jason Huckelberry,(BBA '07, MBA '13) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Co-Membership Chair: Mary Clayton Wilson,(BS '08) email@example.com
- Co-Membership Chair: Cal Overman,(BPS '11) firstname.lastname@example.org
- True Blue 5K Chair: Amy Cable, (BA '04, BA '05, MPA '09), email@example.com
- Assistant Race Chair: Rob Matheson,(BBA '11) firstname.lastname@example.org