Welcome to the Art Museum
Special Alert: AMUM is now closed as of today (September 19th at 5pm) to undergo important HVAC work that will ultimately enhance the protection of our artifacts and art objects, over which our Museum is guardian. We will reopen Spring 2016 at a precise date to be released.
Come visit AMUM! It's always free. Bring yourself for a quiet stroll through the galleries; come with family and friends, or book a guided tour for your organization What will you find?
• Mummies, statues, jewels, tools, among hundreds of fascinating objects in our ancient Egyptian gallery,
• Masks, warriors, ceremonial objects, and ornaments in our African gallery
• Prints and drawings and other works in our 20th and 21st century collections,
• Exhibitions by visiting artists, often with UofM and community collaborators,
• Experimental art installations in ArtLab.
Every day is a good day to visit AMUM, but Saturdays are especially pleasant, because the beautiful UofM campus is calm and parking in the Central lot is free.