Please note the following parking advise: Parking is free Fridays after 4:30pm and
on weekends in the Central Avenue parking lot.The parking garage incurs a fee up to
12 dollars per day for visitor's parking 7 days a week.
How to Find AMUM
Hours & Admission
AMUM is open Monday through Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. except on University holidays
and between temporary exhibitions. For details concerning closing dates, contact AMUM at (901) 678-2224.
Admission is free.
- AMUM offers guided group tours of the Egyptian and African Collections free of charge.
Tours may be scheduled Monday through Friday between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Tours last
approximately 20 minutes per Collection. To schedule a tour, call AMUM at (901) 678-2224.
- Because of space limitations, AMUM can accommodate no more than 60 visitors per tour.
- Tours are appropriate for grades 4 and up.
- Tours should be booked two weeks prior to the requested tour date.
- If a tour must be canceled, AMUM should be notified as soon as possible
- To receive an Educator's Guide to the Egyptian Collection, e-mail the Institute of Egyptian Art and Archaeology.
Museum Safety and Preservation Rules
- Objects and cases should never be touched.
- No food, beverages or smoking allowed.
- Briefcases, shopping bags, umbrellas, backpacks, and other bulky items should be checked
at the front desk.
- Photography is prohibited.
- Notes should be taken with pencils only.
Hours & Location
Monday – Saturday, 9 am to 5 pm
except between temporary exhibits
and on University holidays.
142 CFA Building
Memphis, TN 38152
Phone: (901) 678-2224
Fax: (901) 678-5118