University of Memphis Army ROTC Scholarship
Opportunities and Benefits
- Army ROTC-Funded Scholarships are 4, 3 1/2, 3 , 2 1/2 and 2-year merit based scholarships. In order to receive an Army ROTC Scholarship, a student must meet or exceed the minimal standards in each of the following areas: Grades, Physical Fitness, Height/Body Fat Standards, Commitment, and Potential to become an Officer upon completing their degree. Students receiving an Army ROTC Scholarship must be willing to serve in the United States Army, United States Army Reserve, or Army National Guard as an Officer upon completing their degree. These scholarships can be applied toward tuition/fees or room/board. In addition to each scholarship, a student receives a $1200 a year book allowance and up to $6000 a year for subsistence. These scholarships are available for both undergraduate and graduate Army ROTC Students.
- Army ROTC University-Funded Leadership Scholarship are general expense scholarships that are awarded each semester. These scholarships are awarded based on academic merit and leadership potential. These scholarship funds can be applied toward any school-related expense, are restricted to full-time undergraduate students, and are renewable up to 8 semesters to four-year students, 6 semesters for three-year students, and 4 semesters for two-year students.
- Army ROTC University-Funded Supplemental Scholarships are general expense that are awarded each semester. To qualify for these scholarships, Army ROTC students must be receiving either the Army ROTC Federally-Funded Scholarship or the Army ROTC University-Funded Leadership Scholarship. These scholarships are awarded based on academic merit and leadership potential. These scholarship funds can be applied toward any school-related expense, are restricted to full-time undergraduate students, and are renewable up to 8 semesters for four- year students, 6 semesters for three-year students, and 4 semester for two-year students.
- $1,200 per year book allowance
- $300 – Freshmen
- $350 – Sophomores
- $450 – Juniors
- $500 – Seniors
Memphis students may be eligible to receive up to $4,000 per year in additional scholarships from the university.
- Enrolled as a full-time student at the University of Memphis, Rhodes College, Christian Brothers, Lemoyne-Owen, or Southwest Community College
- Be selected for Contracting through a Contracting Board Process
- Key Areas – GPA/Physical Fitness/Commitment/Potential
- Be a U.S. Citizen
- Pass the Army Physical Fitness Test
- Have a GPA of at least 2.5
- Pass a Medical Examination
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Have no civil convictions without waiver
- Be under 31 years in the calendar year in which they are to be commissioned. This age limit is determined by law, therefore, it is non waiverable
- Agree to accept a commission as a Second Lieutenant and serve in the Army on Active Duty or in a Reserve Component (Army Reserve or Army National Guard)
Scholarship and Contracted Advanced Course Cadets incur a service obligation. This may be satisfied with various combinations of active duty, Reserve, National Guard, and Inactive Ready Reserve (IRR). Students who enter active duty have an initial obligation of three or four years.
High School Students may apply for Army ROTC Scholarships at www.armyrotc.com.