High School Students
How to Join
Apply to the University of Memphis or one of our affiliated schools. If accepted,
register for the freshman army courses, ARMY1110 in the fall and ARMY1120 in the spring,
and the Leadership Lab, ARMY1100 in the fall and ARMY1115 in the spring. If accepted
to an affiliated school, you must complete the Cross Enrollment Form to register for
army courses at Memphis. For a complete description of the ARMY courses listed above,
please visit the University of Memphis Undergraduate Catalog.
You incur no service obligation to the Army by registering for these classes.
National High School Scholarship
Apply online at the Go Army website.
You will be required to take a physical assessment test, conduct an interview with
the Professor of Military Science (PMS), and complete a medical examination.
If you are offered the scholarship, you must pass the Army Physical Fitness Test and
agree to accept a commission and serve in the Army on Active Duty, Reserve, or in
the National Guard by signing a contract
- Full tuition and fees OR Room and Board
- Can be used in conjunction with other scholarships
- Receive money for books annually
- Receive a monthly stipend while attending class
- Commission as a 2nd Lieutenant in the US Army upon graduation
- Marketable leadership skills and experience
- US Citizen
- Between 17 and 26 years of age
- Cumulative GPA of at least 2.5
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 920 (math/verbal) on the SAT or 19 (excluding the required writing test
scores) on the ACT
- Meet physical fitness standards
- Agree to a commission
- First four served on Active Duty or with the National Guard or Reserve
- Remaining four can be served on Active Duty, National Guard, Reserve, or the Individual