BFA in Graphic Design
Born and raised in a small country in Europe, Olena Zharova moved to America in pursuit of equal opportunity to achieve success and prosperity through hard work, determination, and initiative.
She earned an Associates of Applied Sciences from Southwest Community College in Print Production and later a Bachelors of Fine Arts in Graphic Design at the University of Memphis while managing a full-time job. Her enthusiasm for academics lead to several design opportunities on campus. She worked for BLUE TOM Recording Studio developing a website for a recording artist, when an opportunity lead her to design promotional materials for HEAR901 music festival. Working for Fine Art Department developing pages, just like this one and including this one, she also got a chance to create The Martha and Robert Fogelman Galleries of Contemporary Art website. She is a living example of what it is like to be Driven by Doing.
Zharova works as a web and graphic designer, and continuously provides creative visual solutions to numerous companies and individuals in the greater Memphis area.
- Selected for 33rd Annual Student Juried Exhibit at The Martha and Robert Fogelman Galleries of Contemporary Art .
- Featured in Graphic Design Senior Show at The Martha and Robert Fogelman Galleries of Contemporary Art .
- Received Advertising Federation Communigraphics Scholarship .
- Selected for 32nd Annual Student Juried Exhibit at Art Museum of the University of Memphis .
- Exhibited in What I've Kept at Art Museum of the University of Memphis.
- Received honorable mention in Engineering Education Foundation Civil Engineering Poster Competition.