Applying to the Fine Arts Graduate Program
- You will first need to apply to the Graduate School.
- You must also apply to the Department of Art.
- For more information, check the Graduate Catalog.
ART DEPARTMENT REQUIREMENTS ARE:
- Baccalaureate degree in chosen concentration or related discipline
- Official undergraduate transcripts
- CD with a PowerPoint presentation containing 20-30 images of your work
- 2 letters of reference
- Statement of intent
- Please include current and permanent e-mail addresses, mailing address, and phone numbers
These should be sent to:
Department of Art
Art & Communication Building Room 200
The University of Memphis
Memphis, TN 38152
- State your intended area of concentration
- Include mailing address, email address, telephone numbers
Fall Semester: February 15,
Spring Semester: November 1
Generally, we consider everyone enrolled in 12 hours of coursework for assistantships, as far as our resources let us. In your letter of application you may express your desire to be considered for an assistantship. It is strongly suggested that you apply on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) website.
The deadline for applying is Feb. 25, but should be done as soon as possible. Apply for work-study as well as student aid and make sure that you select The University of Memphis as a recipient.
International students should contact the University of Memphis Center for International Programs and Services.