Annual Enrollment Transfer Period
Each fall a multi-week period is designated as an annual enrollment transfer period. During this time, eligible employees may elect the following:
- Enroll or transfer health plans
- Enroll or transfer dental plans
- Increase, decrease, request Optional Life Insurance coverage (requires health evaluation questionnaire)
- Add Optional Special Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (no health evaluation question required)
- Elect Flexible Benefits programs
All elections are effective January 1 of the following year.
Each year you will receive various newsletters, brochures, and handbooks at both your home and campus mail address to serve as informational tools in making these elections. The publications will outline any change to the plans and serve as a reminder to deadlines. The date for the Annual Employee Benefits Fair will also be announced close to this time.