Spouse/Dependent Tuition Discount
Fall Term benefit forms are available July 15 - November 30
Spring Term benefit forms are available December 1 - March 31
Summer Term benefit forms are available April 1 - July 14
Children (under the age of 26) and spouses of the following employees or retirees are eligible to receive the following discounts on undergraduate tuition:
- Regular full-time employees: 50% discount
- Spouses and dependent children of regular part-time employees who have one or more years of continuous service within either system working a minimum of fifty percent (50%) time shall receive a pro rata discount based on the employee’s percentage of employment.
- Retirees with 10 or more years of service: 50% discount for up to 5 years following the retirement date
- Retirees with less than 10 years of service: 50% discount for up to 24 months following the retirement date
The discount applies to undergraduate coursework only, taken at the University of Memphis, Tennessee Board of Regents schools, or any University of Tennessee institution.
For purposes of this program, dependent children shall be defined as:
- The employee's natural children 26 years of age or under;
- The employee's stepchildren 26 years of age or under;
- The employee's legally adopted children 26 years of age or under; or
- Any other individuals who are 26 years of age or under and living in a parent/child relationship with the employee, such as children of deceased parents who are being raised by a grandparent who is a TBR system employee.
The institution, at its discretion, may require satisfactory proof of the relationship or criteria qualifying an employee's dependent for eligibility under this program.