Members of BIT
The team is comprised of a core group of individuals (the Core) who report to the Vice President for Student Affairs. Depending on the facts and circumstances of a given situation, additional ad-hoc committee members may be included. For example, if a student is registered with Disability Resources for Students, someone from that office may be invited to attend the meeting.
The BIT is comprised of the following members:
- Associate Vice President for Student Affairs/Dean of Students – Chair
- Director of the Counseling Center (or designee)
- Director of Police Services (or designee)
- Director of Residence Life
- Associate Dean of Students for Student Conduct
- University Legal Counsel
- The BIT meets regularly; however, the chair may call additional meetings as needed to discuss pending issues. Communication of incidents of concern shall be reported to the chair (via the BIT e-mail at email@example.com or by calling 901.678.2187), who will notify members and call a special meeting if necessary. The chair may designate another BIT member to serve in his/her absence.