The BIT is responsible to the Vice President for Students Affairs. The team is comprised
of a core group of individuals (the Core). Depending on the facts and circumstances
of a given situation, additional ad-hoc committee members may be included. For example,
if a student is registered with Disability Resources for Students, someone from that
office may be invited to attend the meeting.
The BIT is comprised of the following members:
- Associate Vice President for Student Affairs/Dean of Students – Chair
- Director of the Counseling Center (or designee)
- Director of Police Services (or designee)
- Director of Residence Life
- Associate Dean of Students for Student Conduct
- University Legal Counsel
- The BIT meets regularly; however, the Chair may call additional meetings as needed
to discuss pending issues. Communication of incidents of concern shall be reported
to the Chair (via the BIT e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 678-2187), who will notify members and call a special meeting if necessary.
The Chair may designate another BIT member to serve in his/her absence.