CLINTON DOUGLAS WATTS SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
DESCRIPTION: This scholarship is dedicated to the memory of Clinton Douglas Watts, a former graduate
student in the UM/UT Joint Biomedical Engineering (BME) Program, who tragically lost
his life in May 2004. Recipients of this award, in the amount of $1,000, may receive
the award for a maximum of one year.
DEADLINE: Applications must be postmarked by March 28, 2014. Decisions will be determined
by April 30, 2014. (Download application)
ELIGIBILITY: Students in their junior or senior years in the undergraduate BME program or graduate
students in the UM/UT Joint Biomedical Program are eligible to apply. Applicants
must be US citizens or permanent residents.
CRITERIA FOR AWARDING FELLOWSHIPS: The candidate must:
- Demonstrate a commitment to the field of BME;
- Meet all requirements for admission into the College of Engineering;
- Have a GPA of no less than 3.25;
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrate good moral character.