DESCRIPTION: This scholarship is dedicated to the memory of Clinton Douglas Watts, a former graduate student in the UM/UT Joint Biomedical Engineering (BME) Program, who tragically lost his life in May 2004. Recipients of this award, in the amount of $1,000, may receive the award for a maximum of one year.
DEADLINE: Applications must be received by March 31, 2015. Decisions will be determined by April 30, 2015. (Download application)
ELIGIBILITY: Students in their junior or senior years in the undergraduate BME program or graduate students in the UM/UT Joint Biomedical Program are eligible to apply. Applicants must be US citizens or permanent residents.
CRITERIA FOR AWARDING FELLOWSHIPS: The candidate must:
- Demonstrate a commitment to the field of BME;
- Meet all requirements for admission into the College of Engineering;
- Have a GPA of no less than 3.25;
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrate good moral character.