University of Memphis
The University of Memphis Third-Party/Direct Billing Plan currently provides students with the payment option of having their employer billed directly for their tuition. In order to take advantage of this payment option the University must have a Third-Party/Direct Billing Contract on file completed by the company and a UofM Company Authorization form (Tuition and Fees and Alternative Credits) must be completed by the student and approved by the employer each semester. Please contact the Bursar's Office at 901-678-3343 with any questions, below is the procedure for Third-Party/Direct Billing:
- Company will complete and submit the Third-Party/Direct Billing Contract located at: http://www.memphis.edu/bursar/. The contract may be submitted by either email to: email@example.com or fax to: 901-678-0288, attention to Accounts Receivable.
- The University of Memphis Bursar's Office (Accounts Receivable) will review and process (2-3 days). Your company representative will be provided with an identification and contract number by email.
- The UofM Company Authorization Direct Billing Form must be completed by the employee (student) and approved by the company's assigned representative. Employee must then submit to the Bursar's Office in person at Wilder Tower room 115, or by fax or email as stated above. The UofM Company Authorization Direct Billing Form should be submitted each semester (Fall, Spring or Summer) before the published Fee Payment Deadline. Dates are located at http://www.memphis.edu/bursar/calendars.php . The authorization should be in accordance with Third-Party/Direct Billing Contract on file.
- The University will process (2-3 days) the Authorization Form to pay the authorized amount of the employee's tuition/fees for that semester. Note: A payment will post to the employee (student) account and a charge will post to the company's account.
- The University will invoice the company by preferred method listed on the Third-Party/Direct Billing Contract. Invoices will be submitted for payment once each semester after the 25% refund period for the full term, which is published at: http://www.memphis.edu/bursar/calendars.php . Payment to the University should be submitted within 30 – 45 days of invoice date.