Purpose of Interviews
Career Services offers a number of resources as your prepare for internship, part-time,
and full-time opportunities. Students should use the following resources and tips when preparing for an interview:
- Use Optimal Interview from the comfort of your home or residence hall.
- Schedule a mock interview with Career Services by calling 901/678-2239.
- Create or upload a resume and cover letter in Optimal Resume.
- Research the company.
- Practice frequently asked questions.
- Be prepared to use specific examples.
- Check out our resources on appropriate dress.
- Arrive 15 minutes early.
- Take multiple copies of your resume to the interview.
- Prepare questions to ask the employer ahead of time.
- Avoid mentioning salary until an offer is made.
- Thank the employer for the opportunity and ask for a business card.
- Send a "thank you" note within 24 hours of the interview.
- Report job offers to Career Services!
Mock interviews are one of the best ways to prepare for interviews. Our trained staff is available to coach you through an interview specific to your
field and assist you as you compete in the job market.
Schedule a mock interview TODAY!