Benefits & Commitment
Overview | Benefits | Workshops | Eligibility | Apply
What do you get out of participating in the MCPA?
- Increased self-awareness through completion of career assessments
- Ability to make informed and thoughtful career choices
- Help in choosing a major that aligns with your career choice
- Knowledge about how to form a path toward a career
- Increased involvement on campus and opportunity to meet other students
- Access to leadership development opportunities
- Valuable connections to employers
- Develop skills employers are seeking
- A more competitive resume to impress employers
- Support and guidance from MCPA staff
What do you have to put into the MCPA?
For your first two years of college:
- Attend up to five career-based workshops each semester. Workshops may range from thirty minutes to one hour.
- Meet with the program staff once each semester.
- Participate in professional activities and/or events.
Overall, students should be willing to commit up to 10-20 hours per semester as a member of the Memphis Career Preparation Academy.