Any student who has ever been placed on Academic Warning status will be placed on
Academic Probation if:
- Their overall combined GPA is below 2.00, OR
- The term GPA is below 2.00.
NOTE: Students who have regained Good Standing after an Academic Warning are placed on
Academic Probation, if, in any subsequent term, their combined GPA falls below a 2.00
OR the term GPA below 2.00.
First Academic Probation
All students placed on Academic Probation for the first time will be required to:
- Enroll in a one (1) credit hour Student Success Seminar (ACAD 2200);
- Submit weekly academic progress reports to their counselor during the term; and
- Follow all requirements of the Center for Academic Retention and Enrichment Services
including referral to campus services such as tutoring, study skills workshops, etc.
Continuing on Probation
Students will remain on Academic Probation if the term GPA is 2.00 or higher but the
overall combined GPA remains below 2.00.
Students who are placed on probation more than one time will have to complete a Conditional
Enrollment Agreement with the Center for Academic Retention and Enrichment Services.
During this probation, students will be required to have an overall combined GPA of
at least 2.00 OR a term GPA of at least 2.00 in order to continue enrollment.