If you have a deficiency in Foreign Language your registration is restricted by the
office. Before you can register you must follow these simple steps each semester until
the deficiency is removed:
1) Each semester report to the Center of Academic Retention and Enrichment Services before
you register. You don’t need an appointment and the office is open late to accommodate
both traditional and non-traditional students
2) A CARES associate will explain which course to take to remove your deficiency
3) You will be asked to sign a contract confirming which course you will take when you
will take them. Once you sign the contract you are allowed to register for the upcoming
Once you complete all deficiency courses and are credited with a passing grade your
registration hold will be removed.
* Admission Deficiency courses may be used as elective credit or apply toward fulfillment
of major or degree requirements.
* Admission Deficiency courses may not be dropped without prior approval from the
Center of Academic Retention and Enrichment Services.
* Each semester deficiency students must sign, in person, a new Admissions Deficiency
Agreement until all Foreign Language requirements have been satisfied.
* Failure to meet Admissions Deficiency requirements may result in administrative
action being taken against the student.