Undergraduate Apply to Graduate Procedure
For students with majors in the College of Arts and Sciences, the process for applying to graduate and obtaining a "Summary of Coursework Remaining" is as follows:
- College of Arts and Sciences majors must apply to graduate at least one year before
the beginning of their expected graduation semester. Students apply to graduate in
myMemphis on the My Degree tab by following the steps in the Commencement and Graduation
- After the student applies, the Graduation Analyst will complete a "Summary of Coursework
Remaining," which will list all current and pre-enrolled courses and all remaining
- A copy of the student's "Summary of Coursework Remaining" will be e-mailed to the
advisor and to the student several months after the application date.
- Students should meet with their academic advisor to review the Summary. If you have
questions about the information on the Summary, your advisor should e-mail email@example.com for clarification so that all concerned will have the correct information.
- Students will be placed on the graduation list for their application semester and
their schedules will be checked at the beginning of the final semester. An e-mail
will be sent to the UM e-mail account indicating that the student is placed on the
graduation list. If there are remaining requirements, the e-mail will indicate that
the student is "ineligible," and the NOTES section in UMdegree will state the reason.
It is the student's responsibility to inform the analysts if classes are added or
transfer work will complete the requirements.
- Students must e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if their graduation date needs to be changed. Otherwise, if all requirements are
met, the degree will be conferred for the semester in which the student applied.
- Apply to Graduate Deadlines: These are the University's filing deadlines. Because
of the large number of Arts and Sciences undergraduates, our students must apply at
least one year before the beginning of their expected graduation semester (for example,
in January 2015 for May 2016). Applying to graduate in the last few months prior to
the University's deadline for a specific semester results in not receiving information
about courses remaining until after the expected graduation semester begins.
An e-mail notification will be sent to all undergraduates to indicate the ideal time to apply to graduate for a specific semester. If you are not receiving your University of Memphis e-mail, you should contact the Helpdesk in Administration Building 100, 901-678-8888.