APPROVING THE INTERVIEW POOL
- After the search is closed the committee will meet to select interviewees.
- The committee must compose an Initial Pool Analysis which addresses why or why not
each applicant was selected for interview. This may be in memo or spreadsheet format.
The memo or spreadsheet is uploaded in the Documents tab by the assistant or department
- The assistant or department head must COMPLETE the Applicant Pool Certification. Check
"I certify" in two places. Fill in the list of places advertised and describe efforts
to recruit women/minorities.
- The assistant or department head changes the status of selected interviewees to Recommended
for Interview—Department. Each interview must also be designated as Primary or Alternate
interviewee. Primaries are the ones you must interview. Alternates may be interviewed
if the Primary pool is exhausted and no appointee is selected.
- The assistant or department head changes the status of each person not recommended
for interview to Not Hired and enters a rejection reason. If it is necessary to return
to the pool later and request permission to interview someone initially in the Not
Hired group, this is possible.
- After the Initial Pool Analysis is uploaded and the applicant statuses are changed,
call or email the dean's office. There is no auto-generated email at this point to
notify the dean's office that action is required.
- The pool will be reviewed and approved (or questions asked) at the dean's level and
affirmative action. The department will be notified by email when the pool is approved.
- Conduct interviews.
Next Step: Submitting the Hiring Proposal