APPROVING THE INTERVIEW POOL
- After the search is closed the committee will meet to select interviewees.
- The assistant or department head must COMPLETE the Applicant Pool Certification. Check
"I certify" in two places. Fill in the list of places advertised and describe efforts
to recruit women/minorities
- The assistant or department head changes the status of selected interviewees to Recommended
- The assistant or department head changes the status of each person not recommended
for interview to Not Hired and enters a rejection reason. If it is necessary to return
to the pool later and request permission to interview someone initially in the Not
Hired group, this is possible.
- After the applicant statuses are changed, call or email the dean's office. There is
no auto-generated email at this point to notify the dean's office that action is required.
- The pool will be reviewed and approved (or questions asked) at the dean's level and
institutional equity. The department will be notified by email when the pool is approved.
- Conduct interviews.
Next Step: Submitting the Hiring Proposal