For students with majors in the College of Arts and Sciences, the process for applying
to graduate and obtaining a "Summary of Coursework Remaining" is as follows:
- College of Arts and Sciences majors must apply to graduate at least one year before
the beginning of their expected graduation semester. Students apply to graduate in
myMemphis on the My Degree tab by following the steps in the Commencement and Graduation
- After the student applies, the Graduation Analyst will complete a "Summary of Coursework
Remaining," which will list all current and pre-enrolled courses and all remaining
- A copy of the student's "Summary of Coursework Remaining" will be e-mailed to the
advisor and to the student several months after the application date.
- Students should meet with their academic advisor to review the Summary. If you have
questions about the information on the Summary, your advisor should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for clarification so that all concerned will have the correct information.
- Students graduating in May 2014 must have their summary signed by their advisor and
turn it in to Scates 107 to be added to the graduation list.
- Students graduating in August 2014 or after will be placed on the graduation list
for their application semester and their schedules will be checked at the beginning
of the final semester. An e-mail will be sent to the UM e-mail account indicating
that the student is placed on the graduation list. If there are remaining requirements,
the e-mail will indicate that the student is "ineligible," and the NOTES section in
UMdegree will state the reason. It is the student's responsibility to inform the analysts
if classes are added or transfer work will complete the requirements.
- Students must e-mail email@example.com if their graduation date needs to be
changed. Otherwise, if all requirements are met, the degree will be conferred for
the semester in which the student applied.
- Apply to Graduate Deadlines: These are the University's filing deadlines. Because
of the large number of Arts and Sciences undergraduates, our students must apply at
least one year before the beginning of their expected graduation semester (for example,
in January 2014 for May 2015). Applying to graduate in the last few months prior to
the University's deadline for a specific semester results in not receiving information
about courses remaining until after the expected graduation semester begins.
An e-mail notification will be sent to all undergraduates to indicate the ideal time
to apply to graduate for a specific semester. If you are not receiving your University
of Memphis e-mail, you should contact the Helpdesk in Administration Building 100,
Back to Undergraduate Links