CCFA is home to the Rudi E. Scheidt School of Music and the departments of Architecture, Art, Communication, Journalism & Strategic Media and Theatre & Dance. Also, we have a variety of offerings that enhance our college:
- Art Museum of the University of Memphis (AMUM)
- The Martha and Robert Fogelman Galleries of Contemporary Art
- BOX Gallery
- Institute of Egyptian Art and Archaeology (IEAA)
- Center for Sustainable Design (CSD)
- The Daily Helmsman
- and WUMR-U92 FM.
Mission, vision and values
The College of Communication and Fine Arts has four distinct aims:
- I. To prepare students for careers in architecture, design, fine arts, communication, mass media, and the performing arts
- II. To offer broad exposure in the arts and communication to students throughout the university
- III. To promote research and creative activity on the part of the faculty
- IV. To enrich the cultural life of the University, the City of Memphis, and the Mid-South region through public programs, exhibitions, performances, community engagement and partnerships.
The College of Communication and Fine Arts at the University of Memphis will build on its reputation as a rich and dynamic environment where creativity, culture, and ideas flourish and as fertile ground for the artists, scholars, architects and innovators of the future.
The College of Communication and Fine Arts and its constituent departments embrace the following values:
- Creativity and critical thinking
- Access and diversity
- Community engagement and partnership
- Sense of place
- Pedagogical excellence
- Interdisciplinary research and collaboration.