CCFA is home to the Rudi E. Scheidt School of Music and the departments of Architecture, Art, Communication and Film, Journalism & Strategic Media and Theatre & Dance. Also, we have a variety of offerings that enhance our college:
- Art Museum of the University of Memphis (AMUM)
- The Martha and Robert Fogelman Galleries of Contemporary Art
- BOX Gallery
- Institute of Egyptian Art and Archaeology (IEAA)
- Center for Sustainable Design (CSD)
- The Daily Helmsman
- and WUMR-U92 FM.
College of Communication and Fine Arts Strategic Plan
The College of Communication and Fine Arts has five distinct aims:
- to prepare students for careers in architecture, design, fine arts, art history, communication, mass media, and the performing arts;
- to offer broad exposure in the arts and communication to students throughout the university;
- to promote research, creative activity and professional practice locally, nationally and internationally on the part of the faculty and of our students;
- to cultivate a diverse and inclusive academic culture among both students and faculty;
- to enrich cultural life locally, nationally, and internationally through arts education, public programs, exhibitions, performances, community engagement and partnerships.
The College of Communication and Fine Arts at the University of Memphis will build on its reputation as a rich and dynamic academic community where creativity, culture, and ideas flourish and provide a fertile environment for the artists, scholars, architects and innovators of the future.
The College of Communication and Fine Arts and its constituent departments embrace the following values: creativity and critical thinking; access and diversity; community engagement and partnerships; an inclusive learning environment, a sense of place; pedagogical excellence; innovation; interdisciplinary research and collaboration.
- Increase CCFA enrollment, retention and graduation rates while maintaining the core values of the College.
- Provide students distinctive learning experiences that foster lifelong success.
- Create an academic environment that is inclusive of cultural and individual differences.
- Enhance CCFA visibility within and impact upon the community and situate the College as the doorway for the public to the University.
- Increase research and scholarly/creative activity, along with external funding.
- Expand internal and external support for programs, scholarships and professorships.
- Recruit and retain excellent faculty and staff.