Academic Success Advisor
About Rebekah Kohli
As an alum of the College of Communication and Fine Arts (CCFA), Rebekah is passionate about helping CCFA students to successfully complete their degrees.
Rebekah serves as a resource for students who may be struggling on their degree path. In working with students, she provides support and encouragement; academic coaching, especially on study and communication skills and time management; and referrals to useful campus and community resources. She also serves as a liaison to the Center for Academic Retention and Enrichment Services (CARES) and other campus offices and programs.
Rebekah is committed to promoting diversity, equity and inclusion at the University of Memphis. She is "Safe Zone" and "Safe Zone 2.0" trained. Prior to joining the University of Memphis, she was a member of the Diversity and Inclusion Taskforce; LGBT Ally, Trans* Ally, and Undocumented Students Ally programs; numerous committees related to interpersonal and domestic violence; and she served as the co-Vice Chair of the Presidential Commission on the Status of Women at a public university in Northern Illinois.
Pronouns: she, her, hers
- Master of Arts in Art History, Northern Illinois University, 2003
- Graduate Certificate in Women's and Gender Studies, Northern Illinois University, 2003
- Bachelor of Arts in Art History, University of Memphis, 2000
- Attended Shelby State Community College in Memphis, 1996-1997
- Program Coordinator for the Center for the Study of Women, Gender, and Sexuality at Northern Illinois University
- Faculty Advisor for the NIU Women and Gender Advocacy Alliance student organization at Northern Illinois University
- Instructor of Art History and Women's and Gender Studies at Northern Illinois University
- Instructor of Art History at Waubonsee Community College and College of DuPage
- Weekend and After-hours Host/Supervisor at the Dixon Gallery and Gardens in Memphis
- Outstanding Student Organization Faculty Advisor Award, Northern Illinois University, 2013
- Supportive Professional Staff Award for Excellence, Northern Illinois University, 2013
- Women Who Make a Difference Award, Northern Illinois University, 2009
- Illinois Board of Higher Education Innovation Grant, 2007