BONNIE JEAN CUMMINGS
Instruction Curriculum Leadership
Office Location: 420c Ball Hall
Phone: (901) 678-5356
- Izumi-Taylor,S.,Meredith,C.D., Cummings, B. (March,2013) A comparative study of pre-service teachers ' views of play in Japan, Taiwan, and the US. 39th annual International Conference, The Association for the Study of Play(TASP)& 26th Conference The Association for the Child's Right to Play(IPA/USA Joint conference Newark, Delaware.
Meredith,C.D., Izumi-Taylor, S., Cummings, B. (March, 2013) Playing to learn.39th annual International Conference, The Association for the Study of
Play(TASP)& 26th Conference The Association for the Child's Right to
Play(IPA/USA Joint conference Newark, Delaware.
- Meredith, C.D., Cummings, B.J. & Taylor, S. (October,2011). Integrating Math, science, Social Studies and Literacy Activities in the Earl;y childhood Classroom. Presented at the annual conference of Tennessee association for the Education of Young Children. Memphis, TN.
- 1. Paper Presented: "Using the Newspaper in Education as a Reading Tool for Russia", May 1992 resource Learning Links developed by the Commercial Appeal Newspaper (People to People Spokane, Washington, Team by Dr. Jeanne Chall)
- 2. Memphis State: Urban Symposium - Family Focus on Education "What's News in Science for the Commercial Appeal Newspaper" passport to the World of Math" August 1992-1996
- 3. "Travel Bureau" Fogelman Business Institute designed to teach Business Economics to Elementary Children. Project led by Marilyn Kourilsky author of MiniSocieties
- INVITED PRESENTATIONS
- Conferences Association of Teacher Educators National Conference Jacksonville, Florida
- Theme Format: " Increasing Achievement in Urban Schools Through Best Practices in Teaching Reading"
- February 15-18, 2003 Bonnie Cummings, Joanne Belk,
- University of Valetta, Malta International Conference of The Association of Teacher Educators Europe
- Theme: Foundation for International Studies: "Using Multiple Teaching and Learning Techniques to Prepare Pre-service
- Teachers in a Learning Organization": with Drs. Elsa C. Price, Maryann J Ehle, Jo Ann Belk, and Anne R. Gayles-Felton
- August 23-27, 2003
- 1. Reading Teachers Conference Presenter- Adam's Mark Hotel- "Teaching Reading with Manipulative Story Boards" Student Projects from ICL 3000 Analysis and Principles of Teaching Fall, 1998
- 2. Science Teachers Conference-Preside
- 3. MACOTOM Math Conference Presenter-Cook Convention Center- "Using Manipulative Bulletin Boards to Teach Math", Student Projects from ICL 3000 class
- 4. Newspaper in the Classroom Presenter-1992-1999 ONE DAY WORKSHOPS
- 5. Geography Institute Knoxville, TN/Kalamazoo, MI-Speaker
- 6. Aerospace for Teachers present summer workshop for Basic Students "Black Stars in Orbit" 1992-present
- 7. Presenter at Memphis State University Urban Symposium "Focus on Families" /speaker Marva Collins
- 8. Marine Science Institute Biloxi, MS Team Leader Dr. Ronald Cleminson
- Newspaper In Education Workshop June,2007 Teaching and Learning Academy Global Education in the News
- The Office of School based Clinical Practice presents 'Teacher Education workshop Series" October 3,2007 "Triple A's: Academics, Attitudes and Attendance" Smith Chemistry Auditorium 4;30-5:30 PM
Return to Department