DOUGLAS C STROHMER
Counsel Educations Psych Research
Office Location: 101b Ball Hall
Phone: (901) 678-2841
- SELECTED PRESENTATIONS
- Smith, M. M. & Strohmer, D.C. (2009) Client disability has negative effects on counselor decisions within an end-of-life case scenario. Presented at the National Multicultural Conference and Summit.
- Zanskas, S. & Strohmer, D.C. (2008) The Importance of Setting: Counselor-Environment Congruence. Presented at the NCRE/RSA/CSAVR National Conference.
- Reeves, T, Hampton, A.B., Strohmer, D.C., and Leierer, S.A. (2008). Diversity among psychologists: Examining the interest patterns of psychologist specialties. Presented at American Psychological Association national conference.
- Martz, E., & Strohmer, D. (2007, August). A comparison of prototypical views of disability in
the United States and the Russian Federation: International perspectives on disability
and SES. Symposium participation at the American Psychological Association
conference, San Francisco, CA.
- Fitzgerald, D.B., Strohmer, D.C., Martz, E.C., and Arm, J.R. (2007). Attitudes toward People with Disabilities: A Different Perspective. Presented at the NCRE National Meeting.
- Sayger, T. V., Boyraz, G., & Strohmer, D. C. (2007). Expectations of counseling among African American and White populations: Willingness to seek professional help. Poster presented at the 2007 National Multicultural Conference and Summit, Seattle.
- Arm, J. R., Horne, S. G., Strohmer, D. C., Smith, B. L. Leierer, S. J. (2007, August). Disclosure of Sexual Orientation and Counselor Credibility. Poster presented at the American Psychological Association 115th Annual Convention, San Francisco, CA.
- Strohmer, D.C., Sayger, T.V., Boyraz, G., & Leierer, S.L. (2007). Holland code and Willingness to Seek Counseling. Presentation at the APA National Convention.
- Adams, R. W., Sayger, T. V., & Strohmer, D. C. (2006). Holland code comparison in attitudes towards help-seeking behavior and expectations of counseling services. Poster presented at the 2006 Great Lakes Conference, West Lafayette, IN.
- Spengler, P & Strohmer, D. A Meta Analysis of the Clinical Judgment Research. Presented at the 2000 American Psychological Association National Convention
- Strohmer, D. & Leierer, S. Modeling Counselor Clinical Judgment. Presented at the 1999 American Psychological Association National Convention
- Spengler, P. & Strohmer, D. Effective clinical judgment can be taught. Presented at the 1998 American Psychological Association National Convention.
Return to Department