Lisbeth A. Berbary
Counsel Educations Psych Research
- Berbary, L.A. & Dunnavant, B. (in review). Narrative Inquiry: LBGT Space and Place in Memphis, TN. Leisure Research Symposium, NRPA, Anaheim, CA
- Dunnavant, B., Berbary, L.A., Overbo, E., Geiss, M., Schmidle, S., & Dannison, H. (2012). The Intersection of Aging and Spirituality in the Psychology of Lesbian, Bisexual, and Queer Women. Research Poster, Annual Conference for the American Psychological Association, Orlando, FL.
- Boles, J.C. & Berbary, L.A. (2012). The legacy of a grandmother: We tell their stories not for them, but for us. International Congress of Qualitative Inquiry, Urbana, Illinois.
- Boles, J.C., Berbary, L.A., & Winsor, D.L. (2011). From interviews to interpretation: The basics and benefits of qualitative research in education. Association for the Education of Children with Medical Needs, Atlanta, GA.
- Richmond, L.P. & Berbary, L.A. (2011). Queering Leisure: A narrative case in point of children’s literature. Canadian Congress on Leisure Research, St. Catherine, Ontario, Canada.
- Berbary, L.A. (2010). Creative Analytic Screenplay: “Doing Leisure Research Representation Differently.” Leisure Research Symposium, NRPA, Minneapolis, MN.
- Berbary, L.A. (2009). “More than meets the eye”: Challenging the trivialization of gendered performances. In Theorizing gender in education spaces: Discourse and the subject in post-structural and post-colonial frames. American Educational Studies Association, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Berbary, L.A. (2009). “Methods of fitting in”: Improving access to ethnographic leisure spaces. Leisure Research Symposium, NRPA, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Lewis, S. T. & Berbary, L.A. (2009). Vlogging genderqueer: Escaping margins through
engagement in the Youtube community. Leisure Research Symposium, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Berbary, L.A. & Samdahl, D.M. (2009). Sorority spaces: Negotiating discourse, discipline, and possibility. Ontario Leisure Conference, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
- Berbary, L.A. (2009). Sorority subculture: Ethnographic screenplay as representation. International Congress of Qualitative Inquiry, Urbana, Illinois.
- Berbary, L.A. & Samdahl, D.M. (2008). Do I laugh? White participation in African American humor. Canadian Conference on Leisure Research, Montreal, Canada.
- Berbary, L.A. (2008). The journeying feminist: Tales of anger, possibility, and realization. Institute for Women’s Studies Student Research Symposium, Athens, GA.
- Berbary, L.A. & Lewis, S.T. (2008). Caged in TR: Are the benefits always endless? Recreation Therapists of Indiana Annual Conference, Evansville, IN.
- Samdahl, D.M. & Berbary, L.A. (2008). Capturing it: Positionality of the researcher in qualitative data representation. Leisure Research Symposium, NRPA, Baltimore, MD.
- Samdahl, D.M. & Berbary, L.A. (2007). Learning to interview: Class exercises to promote effective interpersonal communication. Society of Park and Recreation Educators Teaching Institute Conference, Clemson, SC.
- Berbary, L.A. (2006). Complicating traditional leisure theory: A call to post-structural research. Interdisciplinary Qualitative Mini-conference, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia.
- Berbary, L.A. & Reel, H.A. (2005). Creative arts as therapeutic modality in Recreation Therapy. Southeast Therapeutic Recreation Symposium, Gatlinburg, Tennessee.
- Reel, H.A. & Berbary, L.A. (2005). Exploring personal TR philosophies through creative arts. Georgia Recreation and Parks Association Conference, Atlanta, Georgia.
- Berbary, L.A. & Anderson, L. S. (2004). Assessment of best practice implementation for inclusive recreation in New York recreational agencies. New York State Therapeutic Recreation Association, Albany, New York.
Return to Department