Robert Townsend MS, CSCS
Health Sport Sciences
- “Examining the Under Loading Method of Distraction Based Testing” Presented at Bardavon Health Innovations 2nd Annual Symposium. September 20th, 2014. Kansas City, MO.
- "Accuracy and Legal Defensibility of the FCE: A Review in Methodology for Determining Sincerity of Effort" presented for the Mid-South Workers Compensation Association monthly meeting, January 27th, 2014, Memphis TN
- "A Review of Current Methods of Consistency of Effort Testing with Functional Capacity Evaluations" Diamond Mark, June 21st, 2012. Oak Brook, IL
- “Strategies for Treatment of the Injured Worker” presented at Coventry Case Management, April 14 , 2009, Downers Grove IL.
- “Functional Capacity Evaluations: A Review of Current Research on Validity Testing” presented for SWSCIAOHN at Edward Hospital Education Center, September 20, 2007, Naperville, IL.
- “Application of Weightlifting Movements for the Athletic Trainer” presented at Great Lakes Athletic Training Association Annual Conference, March 8, 2007, St.Charles, IL.
- “Determining the Significance and Practical Application of Exercise Science Research” presented at NSCA State Clinic. October 23, 2010. Chicago IL.
- “Getting Back to Business: Assessing Work Readiness” presented at Illinois Podiatric Medical Association. September 24 , 2010. Lisle, IL.
- “Accuracy and Methodology for Determining Work Readiness” presented at RING (Rehabilitation Insurance Nurses Group) meeting. April 21 , 2010. Elmhurst IL.
- “Accuracy and Current Methodology for Functional Capacity Evaluations” presented at Indiana Workers Compensation Institute, April 22, 2009. Merrillville IN.
- “Identification of Contrasting Training Philosophies” presented at NSCA Illinois State Clinic, May 20, 2006, Elk Grove Village, IL.
- “Training to Muscular Failure: Correct and Incorrect Application” presented at NSCA Illinois State Clinic, October 2, 2005, Itasca, IL.
- “Training Considerations for the de-conditioned or in-experienced client” presented at NSCA Illinois State Clinic, January 24, 2004. Elgin, IL.
- “Developing, Teaching and Applying Weightlifting Movements” presented at Highland Park Hospital Health and Fitness Center, February 8, 2003, Buffalo Grove, IL.
- “Periodization for the Throwing Athletes” presented at Highland Park Hospital Health and Fitness Center, September 14, 2001, Buffalo Grove, IL.
- Lifting for Explosive Power” presented for Advanced Rehab and Sports Medicine Services. June 3, 2000, Kewanne, IL.
Return to Department