Health Sport Sciences
- Data-based, Peer-reviewed
- 20. Li, Y., Collins, C., Bell, S., Paquette, M.R., & Yli-Piipari, S (2014). Effects of 4-week agility training on foot speed and sport-specific agility in female collegiate tennis players: A pilot study.North American Society for the Psychology of Sport and Physical Activity. Minneapolis, US.
- 19. Yli-Piipari, S., Zaman, K. I., & Hnat, T. W. (2014). Validation of K-Sense: A new wearable sensor approach for light-intensity energy expenditure estimation. American College of Sports Medicine Annual Meeting 2014. Orlando, US.
- 18. Zhang, T., Chen, A., Yli-Piipari, S, Loflin, J., Wells, S., Schweighardt, R, Moennich, K., Hong, D., & Ennis, C.D. (2014). Prior knowledge determines interest in learning in physical education: A structural growth. American Educational Research Association (AERA) Annual Meeting. Philadelphia, US.
- 17. Yli-Piipari, S., Layne, T., & Irwin, C. (2014). An autonomy-supportive intervention on physical education motivation and physical activity Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance National (AAHPERD) National Convention. St Louis, US.
- 16. Inoue, Y., & Yli-Piipari, S. (2014). Conceptualizing the power of athletes to promote sustainable health behavior change: A self-determination theory perspective. 2nd Annual Ali Center Athletes and Social Change Forum. Louisville, US.
- 15. Yli-Piipari, S. (2013). Longitudinal relationships between motivation climate and intrinsic motivation: A parallel process modeling approach. 5th International Self-Determination Conference. Rochester, US.
- 14. Yli-Piipari, S. (2013). Motivating students in middle school physical education. Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance National (AAHPERD) Convention. Charlotte, US.
- 13. Yli-Piipari, S. (2012). The role of parents in physical education students' achievement. Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance National (AAHPERD) Convention. Boston, US. (Not presented due to convention cancellation)
- 12. Yli-Piipari, S. (2011). Prediction strength and limit of achievement goal and self-regulation motivation: Behavioral transition in physical education from elementary to junior high school. American Educational Research Association (AERA) Annual Meeting. New Orleans, US.
- 11. Yli-Piipari, S. (2011). Students' physical activity across Finnish junior high school. 2011 American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance National (AAHPERD) Convention. San Diego, US.
- 10. Yli-Piipari, S. & Jaakkola, T. (2011). Latent growth trajectories of adolescent physical education motivation: Testing parallel process and gender differences. National Association of Kinesiology and Physical Education in Higher Education (NAKPEHE) 2011 Conference. Orlando, US.
- 9. Yli-Piipari, S., Liukkonen, J., & Barkoukis, V. (2010). Self-determined motivational climate and students' emotional experiences. 4th International Self-Determination Conference. Ghent, Belgium.
- 8. Yli-Piipari, S., Liukkonen, J., & Jaakkola, T. (2009). Relationships between physical education students' motivational profiles, enjoyment, anxiety, & self-reported physical activity. 2009 International Association for Physical Education in Higher Education (AIESEP) World Specialist Symposium. Pensacola, US.
- 7. Yli-Piipari, S. (2008). Motivational profiles and their relations to enjoyment and state anxiety in Finnish physical education. 2nd Ibero American Summit on Physical Education and School Sports: Panel of Specialists. Havana, Cuba.
- 6. Yli-Piipari, S., Liukkonen, J., & Jaakkola, T. (2007). Dancers' enjoyment during one-year training period. European Federation of Sport Psychology (FEPSAC) Annual Conference. Halkidiki, Greece.
- Instructional and policy (Peer-reviewed)
- 5. Yli-Piipari, S. (2013). Autonomy-supportive classroom interventions on student motivation and engagement. Educational Psychology Colloquium. University of Memphis, US. (not peer reviewed)
- 4. Yli-Piipari, S. (2013). Student motivation in middle school physical education. Tennessee Alliance of Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance. Murfreesboro, US.
- 3. Yli-Piipari, S. (2013). Enhancing student motivation in school physical education. Shelby County School District. Health, Physical Education, Lifetime, & Wellness in-service. Memphis, US. (not peer-reviewed)
- 2. Ennis, C. D., Chen, S., Hong, D. Loflin, J. Pasco, D., Syrmpas, I., Yli-Piipari, S., & Zhang, T. (2010). Science, P.E., & Me! North Carolina Alliance for Athletics, Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance (NCAAHPERD) Annual Meeting. Winston-Salem, US.
- 1. Ennis, C. D., Chen, A., Chen, S., Hong, D., Loflin, J., Pasco, D., Yli-Piipari,
S., Zhang, T., & Zhu, X. (2011). Evidence-based practice: Teaching fitness
with the Science, PE, & Me! Curriculum - A hands-on workshop for PE
teachers. Southern District Alliance for Athletics, Health, Physical
Education, Recreation, and Dance (SDAAHPERD) Annual Meeting. Greensboro, US.
Return to Department