LEE EDWARD ALLEN
Instruction Curriculum Leadership
Office Location: 421-B Ball Hall
Phone: (901) 678-4073
- Allen, L. (2015). The influence of information and communication technologies on societies and their cultures: An historical perspective. In K.D. Thomas (Ed.), Handbook of Research on Sustainable Development and Economics. Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
- Blake, S., Winsor, D. L., & Allen, L. (2012). Child development and the use of technology: Perspectives, applications and experiences. Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
- Blake, S., Winsor, D. L., & Allen, L. (2012). Technology and young children: Bridging the communication-generation gap. Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
- Allen, L., Winsor, D.L. & Blake, S. (2012). Historical perspectives of the concept of child and technology innovation. In S. Blake, D. Winsor & L. Allen (Ed.s), Child Development and the Use of Technology: Perspectives, Applications and Experiences. Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
- Blake, S., Winsor, D. L ., Burkett, C. &† Allen. L. (2012). †iPods, Internet and apps, oh my: Age appropriate technology in early childhood educational environments. In S. Blake, D. Winsor & L. Allen (Ed.s), Child Development and the Use of Technology: Perspectives, Applications and Experiences. Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
- Allen, L. & Blake, S. (2009). Applications of technology for instruction and assessment with young children. In S. Blake & S. Taylor (Ed.s), Technology for Early Childhood Education and Socialization: Developmental Applications and Methodologies. Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
- Allen, L. (2003). An Alchemist's Tale (or, The Struggles of Integrating Technology In Literacy Programs During Troubled Times). In R.B. Cooter, Jr. (Ed.). Perspectives on Rescuing Urban Literacy Education: Spies, Saboteurs & Saints. Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates
- Allen, L. & Ivey, S. (2015).
Online STEM education content modules: An ongoing success story. The Journal of MacroTrends in Technology and
Innovation, 2(1), 68-75.
- Allen, L.E. & Franceschini, L.A. (2014). The role of grant funding in a graduate programís student success 2010-13: A longitudinal study. Review of Social Studies, Law and Psychology, 8(2), 34-40.
- Allen, L.E. & Franceschini, L.
A. (2014). The
role of grant funding in determining graduate program student success. Journal of Teaching and Education, 2(2), 217-22.
- Morris, V.G. & Allen, L.E.
relationships between teachers, mentors and principals: Collaboration,
communication, and support. Proceedings
of the 6th Annual Mentoring Conference (pp. 608-614).
Albuquerque, NM: UNM Mentoring Institute.
- Allen, L. & Ischenko, L. (2012). Professional Characteristics of Informatics Teachers. In P. Resta (Ed.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2012 (pp. 3183-3191). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
Allen, L. (2010). Online Learning in 7-12 Education: A Statewide Evaluation. In J. Sanchez & K. Zhang (Eds.), Proceedings of the World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education 2010 (pp. 593-601). Chesapeake, VA: AACE. (Awarded Outstanding Paper Award: AACE E-Learn 2010 Conference.)
- Allen, L.E., Franceschini, L.A., & Lowther, D. L. (2010). The Role of School Leadership in a Large-Scale Student Laptop Implementation. Proceedings of Informing Science & IT Education Conference (InSITE) 2010: http://proceedings.informingscience.org/InSITE2010/InSITE10p631-645Allen872.pdf
- Allen, L.E., Franceschini, L.A., & Lowther, D. L. (2009). The Role of Leadership in a Statewide Student Laptop Implementation. Journal of Educational Technology, 6(1), 29-41.
- Morrison, D.W., Allen, L.E., Burgette, J., Lowther, D. L., & Sadtler, E. (2009). Mississippi Virtual Public School (MVPS) Annual Evaluation Report. Prepared for the Mississippi State Department of Education: Center for Research in Educational Policy, University of Memphis: Memphis, TN.
- Allen, L. (2008). Where good ERP implementations go bad: A case for continuity. Business Process Management Journal, 14(3), 327-337. (Awarded 2009 Emerald Literati Highly Commended Paper.)
- Allen, L. (2008). The technology implications of A Nation at Risk. The Phi Delta Kappan, April 2008. 89(8), 608-611.
- Franceschini, L.A., Allen, L. E., Lowther, D. L., & Strahl, J. D., (2008). Michiganís Freedom to Learn 2006-2007 Evaluation Report. Prepared for the One-to-One Laptop Institute and Ferris State University: Center for Research in Educational Policy, University of Memphis: Memphis, TN.
Return to Department