BARBARA KAY MULLINS-NELSON
Center Higher Education
Office Location: 315 Browning Hall
Phone: (901) 678-4270
- Selected Publications
- Mullins, B. (1997). What does building a house have to do with learning? International Journal for Lifelong Education, 16(3), 227-242.
- Mullins, B. (1998). Harassed by racists: Inspiration for self-study and practitioner inquiry. Journal of Professional studies, 5(1), 41-48.
- Mullins Nelson, B. & Tawiah, A. (2003). Co-mentoring across cultures, countries, and positions: Insights from two cross-cultural journeys. in Kochan, F. and Pascarellil, J., (Eds.). Breaking Out of Culture, Context, and Status through Mentoring: An International Perspective. Greenwich, CT: Information Age Press.
- Fordjor, P., Kotoh, A., Kpeli, K., Kwamefio, A., Mensa, Q., Mullins, B., Owasu, E. (2003). A review of Ghaniaian and western philosophies of adult education. International Journal of Lifelong Education, 22(2), p. 137-154.
- Mullins Nelson, B. (2008). Discovering and appreciating diversity through experiential education. NSEE Quarterly, 33(2), http://www.nsee.org/enews/2008/Vol33_No1_Spring/1-nelson.php.
- Robinson, G. and Mullins Nelson, B. (2008). Pursuing Upward Mobility: African American Professoinal Women Reflect on their Journey. Journal of Black Studies. First publiseihd on November 25, 2008 as doi:10.1177/0021934708325459.
- Closson, R. & Mullins Nelson, B. (2009). Teaching social justice through community engagement. International Journal for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, 3(1). Retrieved March 1, 2009 from http://www.georgiasouthern.edu/ijsotl.
- Herbers, S. & Mullins Nelson, B. (2009). Using the disorienting dilemma to promote transformative learning. The Journal on Excellence in College Teaching, 20(1), p. 1-34.
- Brooks, C., Mullins Nelson, B. & Cox, T. (2010). Transforming communities through continuing education: Court and clergy partnerships. PAACE Journal of Lifelong Learning, 19, 55-64.
Johnson, S. and Mullins Nelson, B. (2010). Above and beyond the syllabus: Transformation in an adult, foreign language classroom. Language Awareness, 19(1), 35-50.
- Brooks, C., Mullins Nelson, B., & Murrell, P. (2010). Personal and professional development for judges: The institute for faculty excellence. Journal of Adult Development, published first as DOI 10.1007/s10804-010-9106-7.
- Brooks, K. and Mullins Nelson, B. (2010). Identity integration in an individual with a spinal cord injury: Case study of a veteran. Research and Practice in Social Sciences, 6(1), 16-33.
- Shepherd, J., and Mullins Nelson, B. (2012). Balancing act: A phenomenological study of female adult learners who successfully persisted in graduate studies. The Qualitative Report, 17(4).
Return to Department