Cody T. Havard
Health Sport Sciences
- Havard, C. T. (in press). Rivalry among teams and conference in intercollegiate athletics: Does a conference pride phenomenon exist? Journal of Contemporary Athletics.
- Wann, D. L., Havard, C. T., Grieve, F. G., Lanter, J. R., Partridge, J. A., & Zapalac, R. K. (in press). Investigating sport rivals: Number, evaluations, and relationship with team identification. Journal of Fandom Studies.
- Brown, C., Willis, E., Havard, C.T., & Irwin, R. L. (In press). From tailgating to Twitter: Fansí use of social media at a gridiron matchup between two historically black colleges. Journal of Applied Sport Management.
- Havard, C. T. (2014). Glory Out of Reflected Failure: The examination of how rivalry affects sport fans. Sport Management Review, 17, 243-253.
- Havard, C. T., Reams, L., & Gray, D. P. (2013). Perceptions of highly identified fans regarding rival teams in United States intercollegiate football and menís basketball. International Journal of Sport Management and Marketing, 14, 116-132.
- Havard, C. T., & Eddy, T. (2013). Qualitative assessment of rivalry and conference realignment in intercollegiate athletics. Journal of Issues in Intercollegiate Athletics, 6, 216-235.
- Havard, C. T., Wann, D. L., & Ryan, T. D. (2013). Investigating the impact of conference realignment on rivalry in intercollegiate athletics. Sport Marketing Quarterly, 22(4), 224-234.
- Inoue, Y. & Havard, C. T. (2014). Determinants and consequences of the perceived social impact of a sport event. Journal of Sport Management, 28, 294-310.
- Havard, C. T., Gray, D. P., Gould, J., Sharp, L. A., & Schaffer, J. J. (2013) Development and validation of the Sport Rivalry Fan Perception Scale (SRFPS). Journal of Sport Behavior, 36, 45-65.
- Ryan, T. D., Havard, C. T., & Irwin, R. L. (2013) Sponsorship and state high school football championships: An analysis of consumer spending. Applied Research in Coaching and Athletics Annual, 28, 97-110.
- Havard, C. T., Dwyer, B. (2012). Examining university studentsí constraints to attendance at college basketball games. Journal of Contemporary Athletics, 6, 203-217.
- Havard, C. T., Eddy, T., Reams, L., Stewart, R. & Ahmad, T. (2012). Perceptions and general knowledge of online social networking activity of university students. Journal of Sport Administration and Supervision. 4(1), 14-31. Published online May, 2012. (Editor's Choice Award)
- Dwyer, B., Eddy, T., Havard, C. & Braa, L. (2010). Stakeholder perceptions of a universitys reclassification from NCAA Division II to NCAA Division I (FCS) membership. Journal of Issues in Intercollegiate Athletics, 3, 76-97. Published online January, 2010.
- Havard, C. T. (2012). Eagle blue: A team, a tribe, and a high school basketball season in Arctic Alaska. Journal of Sport Management, 26, 271-272. (Book Review)
- Havard, C. (2007). Leisure and recreation management (5th ed.), Torkildsen, G. Journal of Sport Management, 21, 139-140. (Book Review)
Return to Department