CAROL C. IRWIN
Health Sport Sciences
Office Location: Elma Roane Fieldhouse 220
Phone: (901) 678-5437
- Li, Y., Coleman, D., Ransdell, M., Coleman, L., & Irwin, C. (2014). The effect of a sport stacking intervention on handwriting with second grade students. The Physical Educator, 71(1), 59-71.††††
- Ross, S.R., Irwin, C.C., Irwin, R.L., Martin, N.T., & Ryan, T.D.†(2014). Preventing African American drownings: Constraints to swimming aptitude and proposed solutions. International Journal of Aquatic Research and Education, 8(3), 219-239. †††
- Coulson, C.L., Irwin, C., & Wright, P.M. (2012). Applying Hellisonís responsibility model in a residential treatment facility: A practical inquiry project. Agora for Physical Education and Sport, 14, 38-54.†††
- Irwin, C.C., Hays, B., & Irwin, R.L. (2011). Integrative curricular program for physical education: Classroom on the Court. Strategies, 25(2), 14-17.
- Li, Y., Coleman, D., Ransdell, M., Coleman, L, & Irwin, C. (2011). Sport stacking activities in school children's motor skill development. Perceptual and Motor Skills, 113, 431-438.
- Irwin, C.C., Irwin, R.L., Martin, N.T., & Ross, S.R. (2011). Factors impacting minority youth swimming ability and participation. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport, 82(1), A-68.
- Ryan, T.D., Irwin, C. C., Drayer, J., & Irwin, R.L. (2011). Parent/caregiver lack of knowledge: A barrier to perceived youth swimming ability? International Journal of Aquatic Research and Education, 5, 219-226.
- Irwin, C.C., Irwin, R.L. (2011). The legacy of fear: Is fear impacting fatal and non-fatal drowning of minority children? The Journal of Black Studies, 42, 561-576.
- Irwin, C.C., Irwin, R.L., Miller, M.E., Somes, G.W., &†Richey, P. (2010).††Get Fit with the Grizzlies:† A community-school-home initiative to fight childhood obesity. Journal of School Health, 80, 333-339.††††††††††
- Irwin, C.C. (2010). Practice Notes: Make a Splash Mid-South Learn to Swim Program. Health Education and Behavior, 37, 5-10.
- Stephens, L., Li, Y., Coleman, D., Ransdell, M., Irwin, C., & Grindle, V. (2009). Effects of a Sport Staking intervention on second-grade students. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport, 80(S-1), A-49-50.
- Irwin, C.C., Irwin, R.L., Ryan, T.D., Drayer, J. (2009). Urban minority youth swimming (in)ability in the United States and associated demographic characteristics: Toward a drowning prevention plan. Injury Prevention, 15, 234-239.
- Irwin, C.C., Symons, C.W., & Kerr, D.L. (2009). Behavioral intention and behavior toward the obese on a college campus: An exploratory analysis of discriminatory behavior. American Journal of Health Education, 40, 106-117.
- Irwin, C.C., Irwin, R.L., Ryan, T.D., Drayer, J. (2009). The mythology of swimming: Are myths impacting minority youth participation? International Journal of Aquatic Research and Education, 3, 1-15.
- Fry, A.C., Irwin, C.C., Saunders, J.P., & Richey, C.M. (2005). Muscular strength and power in children 3-7 years old. Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, 37(5), S19.
- Irwin, C.C. & Irwin, R.L. (2004). PR for PE: Public relations for physical education. Strategies, 18(2), 25-26.
- Irwin, C.C., Symons, C.W., & Kerr, D.L. (2003). The dilemmas of obesity: What can physical educators do to help? Journal of Physical Education, Recreation, & Dance, 74(6), 33-39.
- Irwin, C. & Pettigrew, F. (1994). A look back to the future. Physical Educator, 50, 170-176.
Return to Department