Health Sport Sciences
Office Location: 308 Elma Roane Fieldhouse
Phone: (901) 678-2228
- Hutchinson, M., Nite, C., & Bouchet, A. (in press). Escalation of commitment in United States collegiate athletic departments: An investigation of social and structural determinants of commitment. Journal of Sport Management.
- Nite, C., Hutchinson, M., Melton, E. N., & Bouchet, A. (in press). Locating universities within the phases of escalation of commitment to intercollegiate athletics. Journal of Applied Sport Management.
- Hutchinson, M., & Bouchet, A. (2014). Achieving organizational de-escalation: Exit strategy implementation among United States collegiate athletic departments. Sport Management Review, 17.
- Hutchinson, M., & Bouchet, A. (2014). Organizational redirection in highly bureaucratic environments: De-escalation of commitment among Division I athletic departments. Journal of Sport Management, 28(2), 143-161.
- Ballouli, K., & Hutchinson, M. (2013). Effects of brand music on attitudes toward a team advertisement. Journal of Issues in Intercollegiate Athletics, 6(1), 269-285.
Hutchinson, M. (2013). Initiating institutional redirection: Factors for de-escalation of commitment in Division I athletic departments. Journal of Issues in Intercollegiate Athletics, 6(1), 114-130.
Ballouli, K., Hutchinson, M., Reese, J., & Cattani, K. (2013). A qualitative inquiry into motivations to participate in fantasy football. International Journal of Sport Management, 14(2), 211-232.
Hutchinson, M., & Bennett, G. (2012). Core values brand building in sport: Stakeholder attitudes towards intercollegiate athletics and university brand congruency. Sport Management Review, 15(4), 434-447.
Bouchet, A., & Hutchinson, M. (2012). Brand establishment at the University of Chicago: An investigation of de-escalation of commitment in university athletics. Journal of Sport Administration and Supervision, 4(1), 97-113.
Ballouli, K., & Hutchinson, M. (2012). Branding the elite professional athlete through use of new media and technology: An interview with Ash De Walt. International Journal of Entrepreneurial Venturing, 4(1), 58-64.
Bouchet, A., Batista, P. J., & Hutchinson, M. (2012). The effectiveness of early termination clauses in university coaching contracts: Why Coach Franchione wasn't as successful as Coach O'Brien. Applied Research in Coaching and Athletics Annual, 27, 147-163.
Bouchet, A., & Hutchinson, M. (2011). Organizational escalation and retreat in university athletics: Brand insulation in Birmingham-Southern College's transition to Division III athletics. Journal of Intercollegiate Sport, 4(2), 261-282.
Choi, J., Tsuji, Y., Hutchinson, M., & Bouchet, A. (2011). An investigation of sponsorship implications within a state sports festival: The case of the Florida Sunshine State Games. International Journal of Sports Marketing and Sponsorship, 12(2), 108-123.
Hutchinson, M. (2010). The utilization of core values as an avenue for promotion in sport: Faith based activations as the moral face of sport organization brands. Journal of the Christian Society for Kinesiology and Leisure Studies, 1(1), 1-7.
Bouchet, A., & Hutchinson, M. (2010). Organizational escalation to an uncertain course of action: A case study of institutional branding at Southern Methodist University. Journal of Issues in Intercollegiate Athletics, 1(3), 272-295.
Ballouli, K., & Hutchinson, M. (2010). Digital-branding and social-media strategies for professional athletes, sports teams, and leagues: An interview with Digital Royalty's Amy Martin. International Journal of Sport Communication, 3(4), 395-401.
Hutchinson, M., Sagas, M., & Quatman, C. (2010). Early career development in the sport industry: Factors affecting employment. International Journal of Sport Management, 11(4), 561-580.
Hutchinson, M., & Bouchet, A. (2010). Sponsoring firms assess perceptions of sport property engagement and execution. Journal of Sponsorship, 4(1), 59-71.
- Bouchet, A., Hutchinson, M., & Hudson, S. (2009). Sport property sponsorships: Examining sponsoring firms perceptions on sport sponsorship. Journal of Contemporary Athletics, 4(4), 273-283.
Return to Department