- Lowther, D.L., Grant, M.M., Marvin, E.D., Clark, F., & Burr, B. (2003). Technology coach handbook: A resource to support effective technology integration. Memphis, TN: Appalachian Technology in Education Consortium at the University of Memphis.
- Lowther, D.L., Grant, M.M., Marvin, E.D., Inan, F.A., Cheon, J., & Clark, F. (2004). Teacher’s technology handbook: A resource to support effective technology integration. Memphis, TN: Appalachian Technology in Education Consortium at the University of Memphis.
- Anderson, R.S., Grant, M.M. & Speck, B.W. (2008). Technology to teach literacy: A resource for K-8 teachers. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Merrill Prentice Hall.
- Grant, M.M. (2002, Winter). Getting a grip on project-based learning: Theory, cases and recommendations. Meridian: A Middle School Computer Technologies Journal, 5. Available online at http://www.ncsu.edu/meridian/win2002/514/index.html
- Schrum, L., Skeele, R., & Grant, M. (2002-2003, Winter). One
college of education’s effort to infuse technology: A systematic
approach to revisioning teaching and learning. Journal of Research on Technology in Education, 35(2), 256-271.
- Nanjappa, A., & Grant, M.M. (2003, Spring). Constructing on constructivism: The role of technology. Electronic Journal for the Integration of Technology in Education, 2(1). Available online at http://ejite.isu.edu/Volume2No1/Nanjappa.htm
- Grant, M.M. (2004). Learning to teach with the Web: Factors influencing teacher education faculty. Internet and Higher Education, 7(4), 329-341.
- Robertson, J.S., Grant, M.M. & Jackson, L. (2005). Is online
instruction perceived as effective as campus instruction by graduate
students in education? Internet and Higher Education, (8)1, 73-86.
- Grant, M.M., & Branch, R.M. (2005). Project-based learning in
a middle school: Tracing abilities through the artifacts of
learning. Journal of Research on Technology in Education, 38(1), 65-98.
- Grant, M.M., Ross, S.M., Wang, W., & Potter, A. (2005).
Computers on wheels (COWS): An alternative to ‘each one has one’. British Journal of Educational Technology, 36(6), 1017-1034.
- Grant, M. M., & Cheon, J.-P. (2007). The value of using synchronous conferencing for instruction and students. Journal of Interactive Online Learning, 6(3). Available online at http://www.ncolr.org/jiol/issues/getfile.cfm?volID=6&IssueID=21&ArticleID=109
- Cheon, J.P., & Grant, M. M. (2009). Are pretty interfaces worth the time? The effects of user interface types on Web-based instruction. Journal of Interactive Learning Research, 20(1), 5-33.
- Cheon, J.P. & Grant, M.M. (2009). Active
listening: Web-based assessment tool for communication and active
listening skill development. TechTrends, 53(6), 24-32.
- Grant, M.M. (2011). Learning, beliefs, and
products: Students’ perspectives with project-based learning. Interdisciplinary Journal of Problem-based
Learning, 5(2), 37-69.
- Cheon, J., & Grant, M. M. (2012). Examining the
relationships of different cognitive load types related to user interface in
web-based instruction. Journal of Interactive Learning Research, 23(1),
- Cheon, J.P. & Grant, M.M. (2012). The effects of
metaphorical interface on germane cognitive load in web-based instruction. Educational Technology Research &
Development, 60(3), 399 - 420.
- Gikas, J. & Grant, M. M. (2013). Mobile computing devices
in higher education: Student perspectives on learning with cellphones,
smartphones & social media. The Internet and Higher Education, 19, 18-26.
- Tamim, S.R. & Grant, M.M. (2013). Definitions and uses: Case
study of teachers implementing project-based learning. Interdisciplinary Journal of Problem-based Learning, 7(2).
Available at http://dx.doi.org/10.7771/1541-5015.1323
- BOOK CHAPTERS
Grant, M.M. & Barbour, M.K.
(2013). Mobile teaching and learning in the classroom and online: Case studies in K-12. In Z. Berge & L. Muilenburg (Eds.), Handbook of mobile learning (pp. 285–292). Routledge.
Return to Department