Health Sport Sciences
Office Location: 313 Fieldhouse
Phone: (901) 678-5025
- Harry J, Paquette MR, Townsend R, Schilling BK, Weiss LW, Caia J. (2014). The effects of footwear condition on maximal jumping performance. J. Strength Conditioning Research. Accepted: In Press.
- Bravo JD, Li Y, Schilling BK, Townsend R, Peel S, Paquette MR. (2015). Footwear training effects on agility, speed and balance measures. Footwear Science. In Review
- Milner CE, Paquette MR. (2015). Kinematic methods to identify foot touchdown during running with any foot strike pattern. J Biomechanics. In Review
Kuhman DJ, Melcher DA, Paquette MR. (2015). Common training speeds do not interact with an acute modification in foot strike pattern to alter ankle and knee kinetics in rearfoot strike runners. J. Sports Sciences. In Review.
- Paquette MR, Zhang S, Klipple G. (2015). Greater step widths reduce knee internal abduction moments in medial compartment knee osteoarthritis patients in stair ascent. J. Applied Biomechanics. In Review
Chester S, Zucker-Levin A, Melcher D, Peel S, Bloomer RJ, Paquette MR. (2015). Acute training and clinical implications of elliptical exercise and treadmill running. MSSE. In Review.
- Paquette MR, Zucker-Levin A, DeVita P, Hoekstra J, Pearsall D. (2015) Lower extremity joint angular position and muscle activity during modified elliptical exercise in healthy young men. Journal of Applied Biomechanics. 2015, 31(1):19-27.
- Paquette MR, Li Y, Hoekstra J, Bravo J. (2014) An eight-week reactive balance training program in older healthy adults: a preliminary investigation. Journal of Sport and Health Sciences. Sep 20 [Epub ahead of print].
Paquette MR, Zhang S, Milner CE, Fairbrother JT, Reinbolt JA. (2014) Effects of increased step width on frontal plane knee biomechanics in healthy
adults during stair descent. The Knee. Aug;21(4):821-6.
- Paquette MR, Zhang S, Milner CE, Klipple G. (2014) Does increasing step width alter knee biomechanics in medial compartment knee osteoarthritis patients during stair descent? The Knee. Jun;21(3):676-82.
- Cantrell G, Schilling BK, Paquette MR, Murlasits Z. (2014) Maximal strength, power,
and aerobic endurance adaptations to concurrent strength and sprint interval
training. European Journal of Applied Physiology. Epub, In Press.
- Gardner J, Paquette MR, Milner CE, Brock E, Foch E, Zhang S (2014). Gait biomechanics of a second generation unstable shoe. Journal of Applied Biomechanics. 30(4):501-7
- Paquette MR, Baumgartner L, Zhang S. (2013). Acute effects of barefoot, minimal shoes and running shoes on lower limb mechanics in rear and forefoot strike runners. Footwear Science. 5:1, 9-18.
- Zhang X, Paquette MR, Zhang S (2013) A comparison of gait biomechanics of flip-flops, sandals, barefoot and shoes. Journal of Foot and Ankle Research. 6:45, 1-8.
- Wortley M, Paquette MR, Byrd E, Baumgartner LD, Klipple G, Krusenkraus J, Brown L, Zhang S. (2013) Effects of resistance and Tai Ji training on mobility and symptoms in knee osteoarthritis patients. Journal of Sport & Health Sciences. 2: 209-214.
- Thoms AW, Brosnan JT, Paquette MR, Zhang S, Sorochan JC. (2013) A new device for simulating athlete-to-surface interactions on natural and synthetic turf. Journal of Testing and Evaluation. 41(3): 1-7.
- Zhang S, Paquette MR, Milner CE, Westlake C, Byrd E, Baumgartner L. (2012) An unstable rocker-bottom shoe alters lower extremity biomechanics during level walking. Footwear Science, 4:3, 243-253
- Zhang S, Wortley M, Freedman Silvernail J, Carson D, Paquette MR. (2012) Do ankle braces provide similar effects on ankle biomechanical variables in subjects with and without chronic ankle instability during landing? Journal of Sport & Health Sciences 1: 114-120.
- Zhang S, Milner, C, Paquette, MR, Gardner, J, Byrd, E, Foch, E, and Brock, E (2011) Biomechanical Evaluation of the 2nd Generation Active Balance Shoe. Technical Report to Genesco, Inc.
- Paquette MR, Vallis LA. (2010) Age-related kinematic changes in late visual-cueing during obstacle circumvention. Experimental Brain Research. 203(3):563-74.
- Zhang S, Milner, C, Paquette, MR, Bhaskaran, D, Westlake, C Byrd, B and Baumgartner, L (2010) Biomechanical Evaluation of Active Balance Shoe. Technical Report to Genesco, Inc.
- Paquette MR, Fuller JR, Adkin AL, Vallis LA. (2008). Age-related modifications in steering behaviour: effects of base-of-support constraints at the turn point. Experimental Brain Research. 190(1):1-9
Return to Department