- Nishimura, N. (2010). Four approaches to addressing a client's spiritual issues: An integrative class exercise in W.B. Hagedorn and D. Gutierrez. Integration vs. Segregation: Applications of the Spiritual Competencies in Counselor Education Programs. Counseling and Values.
- Nishimura, N. (2010). The greeting card experience in M. Pope, J. Pangelinan, and T. Coker (Eds.). Experiential Activities for Teaching Multicultural Counseling Classes and Infusing Cultural Diversity into Core Classes. Alexandria, VA: American Counseling Association.
- Nishimura, N. (2009). Chapter twelve: Case studies in D. Paladino (Ed.), Counseling Individuals, Couples, and Families with Multiple Heritages. Alexandria, VA: American Counseling Association.
- Hughes, G.D., Nishimura, N., Priest, R., & Schobert, M.A. (2008). Evaluation of a childrenís day treatment center: A survey of parent post treatment attitudes. The Journal for the Professional Counselor, 22(2), 3-18.
- Priest, R. & Nishimura, N.J. (2008). Counseling multiracial clients in context in J.D. Raskin & S.K. Bridges (eds.). Context in studies in meaning 3: Constructivist psychotherapy in the "real" world.
- Pruett, J. M., Nishimura, N. & Priest, R. (2007). The role of meditation in addiction recovery. Counseling and Values, 52(1), 71-84.
- Nishimura, N. (2003). Counseling biracial women: An intersection of multiculturalism and feminism. In A.R. Gillem and C.A. Thompson (Eds.), Biracial women in therapy. Binghamton, NY: Haworth Press.
- Also, published in (2004) Women & Therapy: A Feminist Quarterly, 27(1/2), 133-145.
- Knickmeyer, N., Sexton, K., & Nishimura, N. (2002). The impact of same-sex friendships on the well-being of women: A review of the literature. Women & Therapy, 25(1), 37-59.
- Nishimura, N. (2000). School counseling program: "We know exactly what our students need": Rsponses to the incident. In L.E. Tyson & P.B. Pedersen (Eds.). Critical incidents in school counseling (2nd ed.), pp. 236-238. Alexandria, VA: American Counseling Association.
- Nishimura, N.J., & Priest, R. (1999). The fishbowl: A comprehensive multicultural learning opportunity. Race, Democracy and Education in the Classroom, 13(2), 25-28.
- Nishimura, N. (1995). Addressing the needs of biracial children: An issue for school counselors in a multicultural school environment. School Counselor, 43, 52-57.
- Priest, R., & Nishimura, N. (1994). School counselors and the challenge of acutely depressed students. Global Visions for Counseling Professionals, 2(1), 35-39.
- Winn (Nishimura), N., & Priest, R. (1993). Counseling biracial children: A forgotten component of multicultural counseling. Family Therapy, 20(1), 29-36.
- Winn (Nishimura), N., & Cecil, J. (1988). The decision to abort: Counseling issues to consider. Journal of Counseling and Human Services Profession, 2(2), 12-16.
Return to Department