SUZANNE H. LEASE
Counsel Educations Psych Research
Office Location: 304B Ball Hall
Phone: (901) 678-4476
- Lease, S. H. (1993). Research in counseling: It can be done. Contemporary Psychology, 38(3), 249-250.
- Tinsley, H. E. A., & Lease, S. H. (Volume Eds.) (2008). Encyclopedia of Counseling: Volume 2. Personal and Emotional Counseling. Editor-in-chief: F. T. L. Leong. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
- Lease, S. H., *Montes, S. H., *Badgett, L. R., *Sawyer, R. J., *Fleming, K. M., *Hampton, A. B., *Ovrebo, E.,
*Boyraz, G. (in press). A cross-cultural exploration of masculinity and relationships in men from Turkey, Norway, and the United States. Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology.
- Parnell, M. K., Lease, S. H., & Green, M. L. (in press). Perceived career barriers for gay, lesbian, and bisexual individuals. Journal of Career Development.
- Lease, S. H., *Hampton, A. B., *Fleming, K.,
*Baggett, L. R., *Montes, S. H., & *Sawyer, R.
J. II (2010). Masculnity and interpersonal competencies: Contrasting White
and African American men. Psychology of Men & Masculinity, 11, 195-207.
- Dahlbeck, D. T., & Lease, S. H. (2010). Career issues and concerns for persons living with HIV/AIDS. The Career Development Quarterly, 58, 359-368.
- Lease, S. H., & Dahlbeck, D. T. (2009). Parental influences, career decision-making attributions, and self-efficacy: Differences for men and women. Journal of Career Development, 36, 95-113.
- Lease, S. H., *Çiftçi, A., Demir,
A., & *Boyraz, G., (2009). Structural validity of Turkish
versions of the Gender Role Conflict Scale and Male Role Norms Scale. Psychology
of Men & Masculinity, 10, 273-287.
- Detrie, P. M., & Lease, S. H. (2007). The relation of social support, connectedness, and collective self-esteem to the psychological well-being of lesbian, gay, and bisexual youth. Journal of Homosexuality, 53(4), 173-199.
- Lease, S. H., Cohen, J. E., & Dahlbeck, D. T. (2007). Body and sexual esteem as mediators of the phyiscal disability - interpersonal competencies relation. Rehabilitation Psychology, 52, 399-408.
- Lease, S. H. (2006). Factors predictive of the range of occupations considered by African American junior and senior high school students. Journal of Career Development, 32, 333-350.
- Yanchak, K. V., Lease, S. H., & Strauser, D. (2005). Relation of disability type and career thoughts to vocational identity. Rehabilitation Counseling Bulletin, 48, 130-138.
- Lease, S. H., Horne, S. G., & *Noffsinger-Frazier, N. (2005). Affirming faith experiences and psychological health for Caucasian lesbian, gay, and bisexual individuals. Journal of Counseling Psychology, 52, 378-388.
- Lease, S. H. (2004). Effect of locus of control, work knowledge, and mentoring on career decision-making difficulties: Testing the role of race and academic institution. Journal of Career Assessment, 12, 239-254.
- Bridges, S. K., Lease, S. H., & Ellison, C.R. (2004). Predicting sexual satisfaction in women: Implications for counselor education and training. Journal of Counseling and Development.
- Lease, S. H. (2003). Testing a model of mens nontraditional occupational choices. The Career Development Quarterly, 51, 244-258.
- Lease, S. H., & *Shulman, J. L. (2003). A preliminary study of the role of religion for family members of lesbian, gay, or bisexual individuals. Counseling and Values, 47, 195-209.
- Lease, S. H. (2002). A model of depression in adult children of alcoholics and nonalcoholics. Journal of Counseling and Development, 80, 441-451.
- Springer, C. A., & Lease, S. H. (2000). The impact of multiple AIDS-related bereavement in the gay male population. Journal of Counseling and Development, 78, 297-304.
- Matthews, C. R., & Lease, S. H. (2000). Focus on the lesbian, gay, and bisexual family. In R. M. Perez, K. A. DeBord, & K. Bieschke (Eds.), Handbook of counseling and psychotherapy with lesbians, gays, and bisexuals (pp. 249-273). Washington: American Psychological Association.
- Lease, S. H. (1999). Occupational role stressors, coping, support, and hardiness as predictors of strain in academic faculty: An emphasis on new and female faculty. Research in Higher Education, 40(3), 285-308.
- Lease, S. H. (1998). Annual review, 1993-1997: Work attitudes and outcomes. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 53, 154-183.
- Lease, S. H., Cogdal, P. A., & *Londoño-McConnell, A. (1996). Assessing the learning environment for gay, lesbian, and bisexual students on campus: One urban commuter university's experience. The College Student Affairs Journal, 16(1), 16-26.
- Fong, M. L., & Lease, S. H. (1996). Cross-cultural supervision: Issues for the White supervisor. In. D. Pope-Davis and H. Coleman (Eds.), Multicultural counseling competencies: Assessment, education and training, and supervision (pp. 387-405). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
- McClelland, S. A., Cogdal, P. A., Lease, S. H., & Londoño-McConnell, A. (1996). The development of the Multicultural Assessment of Campus Programming (MAC-P). Measurement and Evaluation in Counseling and Development, 29(2), 86-99.
- Lease, S. H., Cogdal, P. A., & Smith, D. (1995). Counseling expectancies related to counselor's sexual orientation and client's internalized homophobia. Journal of Gay and Lesbian Psychotherapy, 2(3), 51-65.
Return to Department