Health Sport Sciences
Office Location: 216 Fieldhouse
Phone: (901) 678-2311
- Payne & Isaacs (2002). Human motor development: A life span approach, 5th Edition. McGraw Hill.
- Book Manuscript: Coker, CheryL A. (2004). Motor Learning and Control for Practitioners . McGraw Hill.
- Wright, DL, Li, Y., and Whitacre, C. (1992). The contribution of elaborative processing of the contextual interference effect. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport, 63, 30-37.
- Wright, DL, Kemp, T.L., and Li, Y. (1992). Authors response: The dual-task methodology and assessing the attentional demands of ambulation with walking devices. Physical Therapy, 72, 74-75.
- Wang, M. ..Q., Nicholson, M.E., Mahoney, B.S., Li, Y., Fitzhugh, E.C., & Shea, J. (1993). The effects of high and low BACs on the Hoffman-reflex. Journal of Neurological Sciences, 117, 107-110.
- Wang, M.Q., Nicholson, M.E., Li, Y., Mahoney, B.S., & Perko, M. (1993). Proprioceptive response under the rising and falling BACs: Test of Mallanby Effect. Perceptual and Motor Skills, 77, 83-88.
- Wright, DL, Shea, C.H., Li, Y., and Whitacre, C. (1996). Contextual dependencies during motor skill acquisition: Gone but not forgotten. Memory, 4(1), 91-108.
- Kreider, R.B., Klesges, R., Harmon K., Grindstaff, P., Ramsey, L., Bullen, D., Wood, L., Li, Y., & Almada, A. (1996). Effects of ingesting supplements designed to promote lean tissue accretion on body composition during resistance training. International Journal of Sport Nutrition, 6(3), 234-246.
- Wright, DL, Li, Y., and Cody, W. (1997). Cognitive processes related to contextual interference and observational learning: A replication of Blandian et al. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport, 68(1), 106-109.
- Li, Y., McColgin, C., & Van Oteghen, S. (1998). Comparisons of psychomotor performance between the upper- and lower-extremities in three age groups. Perceptual and Motor Skills, 87, 947-952.
- Johnson, B. A., Li., Y., & Hartman, A. G. C., (1998). A case study of upper extremity stroke rehabilitation using aquatic exercise techniques: A motor control and learning perspective. The Journal of Aquatic Physical Therapy, 6(2), 12-23.
- Fry, A.C., Webber, J.M., Weiss, L.W., Fry, M.D., & Li, Y. (2000). Impaired performances with excessive high-intensive free-weight training. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 14(1), 54-61.
- Li, Y., & Wright, DL (2000). Assessment of the attention demands of high and low contextual interference practice conditions: Implications for the Elaboration and Forgetting-Reconstruction hypotheses. The Quarterly Journal of Experimental Psychology, 53A(2), 591-606.
- Weiss, L.W., Ireland, T.R., Freidman, A.A., Fry, A.C., & Li, Y. (2000). Functional submersion technique for assessing volume. Measurement in Physical Education and Exercise Science, 4(4), 199-213.
- Smith, J.C., Fry, A.C., Weiss, L.W., Li, Y., & Kinzey, S.J. (2001). The effects of high-intensity exercise on a 10-second sprint cycle test. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 15(3), 344-348.
- Abma, C.L., Fry, M.D., Li, Y., & Relyea, G. (2002). Differences in imagery Content and imagery aility between high and low confident track and field athletes. Journal of Applied Sport Psychology, 14(2), 67-75.
- Li, Y., & Lima, R.P. (2002). Rehearsal of task variations and contextual interference effect in a field setting. Perceptual and Motor Skills, 94, 750-752.
- Sun, X., Hu, Y., & Li, Y. (2004) Ranges of abduction motion of hip joint due to the simplified Taichi quan exercise. Chinese Journal of Rehabilitation Theory and Practice, 10(12), 783.
- Smith, S., Fry, M., Ethington, C., & Li, Y. (2005). The effect of athletes' perceptions of their coaching behaviors on their perceptions of the motivational climate. Journal of Applied Sport Psychology, 17, 1-8.
- Whitman, S.P., Li, Y., & Devault, C.N. (2000). A longitudinal study of Tai Chi exercise intervention for the elderly in improving balance. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport, 71(1), (supplement), A113-114.
- Li, Y., Whitman, S.P., & Wright, D.L. (2000). Improvementts in Perceptual-identification and Encoding Processes Using Random Practice. Journal of Sport & Exercise Psychology, 22 (supplement), s70.
- Li, Y., Whitman, S.P., Friedman, A., & Krugger, T. (2001). A case study of developmental dyspraxia in improving perceptual motor performance and handwriting through an exercise intervention. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport, 72(1), (supplement), A50.
- Li, Y. (2001). Tai Chi for seniors. World Leisure Asia Regional Conference: Social Development, Leisure and the Older Person. April, 2001 (p. 24).
- Li, Y. Martinez, S., Zucker-Levin, A., Head, P., Xiong, X., Krugger, T.,& Weiss, L.W. (2002). "A preliminary study of effects of Tai Chi on gait and functional performances for individuals who have had total hip arthroplasty." Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, 34(5), S122.
- Li, Y., Zucker-Levin, A., Krugger, T., Xiong X. & Weiss, L.W. (2002). "Effects of Tai Chi Exercise Intervention for Patients after total hip arthroplasty: A case series." Proceedings of the First Conference of the Society of Chinese Scholars on Exercise Physiology and Fitness (December, 2002, P.21).
- Keller, G.J., Li, Y., Weiss, L.W., Relyea, G.E. (2006). Contextual interference effect on acquisition and retention of pistol shooting skills. Perceptual and Motor Skills, 103, 241-252.
- Li, Y., Sun, X., & Weiss, L.W. (2005). Hip Joint abduction range of motion during Tai Chi exercise. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, 37(5, supplement), S104.
- Li, Y., Fang, Y., Wright, D.L., & Yue, G. (2006). Greater movement-related potential is associated with higher contextual interference practice condition during motor skill acquisition. Journal of Sport & Exercise Psychology, 28(supplement), S112.
- Li, Y., Devault, C. & Van Oteghen, S. (2007). Effects of extended Tai Chi intervention on balance and selected motor functions of the elderly. The American Journal of Chinese Medicine, 35(3), 383-392.
- Haneishi, K., Fry, A.C., Moore, C.A., Schilling, B., Li, Y., & Fry, M (2007). Cortisol and stress responses during a game and practice in female collegiate soccer players. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 21(2), 583-588.
- Moore, C.A., Weiss, L.W., Schilling, B.K., Fry, A.C., & Li, Y. (2007). Acute effects of augmented eccentric loading on jump squat performance. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 21(2), 372-377.
- Liggins, T., Li, Y., Stephens, L., & Lai, Q. (2007). Effects of summary knowledge of results and error estimation in motor learning: An EMG study. Journal of Sport & Exercise Psychology, 29(supplement), S105.
- Galpin, A., Li, Y.,
Lohnes, C. & Schilling, B.K. (2008).
A 4-week choice foot speed and choice reaction training program improves
agility in previously non-agility trained, but active men and woman. The
Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 22(6),1901-1907.
- Li, Y., Siemionow,V., Fang,Y , & Yue G. H.†(2008). Greater movement related cortical potentials in Tai Chi vs. Non-Tai Chi exercise: A case study. Proceedings of the 2008 International Convention on Science, Education and Medicine in Sport, Guangzhou, China.
- Galpin, A., Li, Y., Lohnes,C., Schilling, B. (2008). A 4-week foot movement speed and reaction training program improves agility in previously untrained but active men and women. Proceedings of the 2008 International Convention on Science, Education and Medicine in Sport, Guangzhou, China.
- Marshall, K., Stephens, L.,
Grindle, V., Fry, M. & Li, Y. (2009).
Mental imagery and EEG activities in elite and novice collegiate soccer
players. Journal of Sport & Exercise Psychology, 29(supplement),
- Li, Y., Coleman, D., Ransdell, M., Coleman, L. & Irwin, C. (2011). Sport stacking activities in school childrenís motor skill development. Perceptual and Motor Skills, 113(2), 431-438.
- Zhang, J., Li, K., Wang, D. Liu, Y., & Li, Y. (2011). An EMG study on characteristics of premotor time and motor time in a choice reaction time test on foot movement of athletes. Journal of Sport & Exercise Psychology, 33(supplement), s124.
- Shepard, C., Kabir, M., & Li, Y (2011). Kinetic effects and EMG variability in response to different schedules of Knowledge of Results. Journal of Sport & Exercise Psychology, 33(supplement), s112.
- Zhang, J., Chen, R., Wu, Y., Li, K., Wang, D., Liu, Y. & Li, Y. (2013). An EMG study on characteristics of premotor and motor components in agility reaction time test on athletes. The Journal of Sports Medicine and Physical Fitness, (in press).
- Li, Y., Coleman, D., Ransdell, M., Coleman, L. & Irwin (2013). A pilot study of sport stacking effect on handwriting for school children. Physical Educator (in press)
Return to Department