Yonghong Jade Xu
Counsel Educations Psych Research
Office Location: 100 Ball Hall
Phone: (901) 678-5026
- Xu, Y., Hartman, S., Uribe, G. & Mencke, R. (2001). The effects of peer tutoring on undergraduate students' final examination scores in mathematics. Journal of College Reading and Learning, 32(1), 22-31.
- Xu, Y. (2005). An exploration of using data mining in educational and behavioral science. Journal of Modern Applied Statistical Methods, 4(1), 251-274.
Xu, Y. (2006). Using data mining to analyze large-scale data sets
in higher education research: An example of prediction with the NSOPF:99. In J.
Smart (ed.), Higher education: Handbook
of theory and research, Vol. XXI (pp. 457-490). Springer,
Dordrecht, The Netherlands.
- Xu, Y., & Meyer, K. A. (2007). Factors explaining faculty technology use and productivity. The Internet and Higher Education, 10(1), 41-52.
- Meyer, K. A., & Xu, Y. (2007). A Bayesian analysis of the institutional
and individual factors influencing faculty technology use. The
Internet and Higher Education, 10(3), 184-195.
- Xu. Y. (2008). Faculty turnover: Discipline-specific attention is warranted. Research in Higher Education. 49(1), 40-61.
- Xu, Y. & Ishitani, T. (2008). Bayesian modeling in
institutional research: An example of Carnegie classification. New Directions for Institutional Research,
2008 (137), 83-104.
Xu, Y. (2008).
Work stress and faculty supplemental income: What is the connection? Journal of Professoriate, 3(1), 89-107.
- Xu, Y. (2008). Gender disparity in
STEM disciplines: A study of faculty attrition and turnover intentions. Research in Higher Education,49(7), 607-624.
- Martz, E., & Xu, Y. (2008).
Person-related and service-related factors predicting employment of individuals
with disabilities. Journal of Vocational Rehabilitation, 28, 97-104.
- Xu, Y., Meyer, K. A., & Morgan, D. D. (2008). Piloting a blended approach
to teaching statistics in a college of education: lessons learned. Journal of Educators Online, 5(2), 1-20.
- Xu, Y., Meyer, K. A., & Morgan, D. D. (2009). A mixed-methods assessment
of using an online commercial tutoring system in teaching introductory statistics.
of Statistics Education, 17(2).
- Meyer, K. A. & Xu, Y. (2009). A causal modeling of factors influencing faculty use of
of Asynchronous Learning Networks, 13(2), 57-70.
- Xu, Y. & Martz, E.
of employment among individuals with disabilities: A Bayesian analysis of the longitudinal
study of the vocational rehabilitation services program. Journal of Vocational Rehabilitation, 32(1), 35-45.
- Xu, Y. (2010). Understanding the work
experience of women faculty in nontraditional fields: Bayesian modeling of the 1993, 1999, and 2004 NSOPF data. In S.
A. Davies (ed.), Gender
gap: Causes, experiences and effects. New York: Nova Science Publishers,
A. W. & Xu, Y. (2011).
Reasoning scores of entering bachelorís and masterís students in an occupational
therapy program. The American Journal of
- Xu, Y. & Martin, C. (2011).
Informal professional networking and career
development: Another perspective of gender difference in STEM disciplines. Gender Issues, 28(3), 134-154.
Return to Department