The Office of Faculty and Staff Development is responsible for the general well-being
and professional growth of the faculty and staff of the College of Education, Health
and Human Sciences...
- Assist in nurturing faculty and staff in their pursuit of excellence.
- Advocate for faculty and staff interests.
- Assist in providing appropriate professional development experiences.
- Design an induction and mentoring program for new faculty, assist in mentoring faculty
and staff, and provide training for mentors.
- Assist faculty and staff in developing / implementing professional development plans.
- Facilitate opportunities for faculty to improve teaching, participate in meaningful
service, and conduct research.
- Provide technical assistance and support to faculty and staff in preparation for promotion
and tenure and other awards as appropriate.
- Represent the College of Education, Health and Human Sciences within the Memphis community
and at state, regional, and national initiatives that involve issues of faculty and
- Participate as a member of the Dean’s staff in developing, implementing and assessing
- Maintain an appropriate data base to guide decision-making.
- Assist in designing and conducting professional development activities for K-12 schools.
The Faculty Development Advisory Committee provides advice and feedback for professional development activities conducted by
the Office of Faculty and Staff Development. The committee consists of representation
from each major unit within the College of Education, Health and Human Sciences.
For upcoming professional development opportunities or any questions please contact
The University of Memphis
College of Education, Health and Human Sciences
Office of Faculty and Staff Development
Ball Hall, Room 215