Sue Lease, Sara Bridges, Richard Lightsey, Sha'kema Blackmon, Douglas Strohmer. Elin
- Sara K. Bridges, Ph.D., The University of Memphis (1999). Interests include counselor training, couples
and family therapy, human sexuality, and constructivist theory.
- Elin Ovrebo, Ph.D., The University of Memphis (2009). Current interests are international issues in
Counseling Psychology, LGBT counseling, social justice, and gender.
- Suzanne H. Lease, Ph.D., Southern Illinois University-Carbondale (1989). Current interests are: career counseling
with racial and ethnic minorities, masculine ideologies and relationships, multicultural
counseling, and health promoting behaviors. Click for more information on the Masculinity Research Team.
- Richard Lightsey, Ph.D, University of Maryland (1992). Interests: resilience, the relationship between stress
and depression, stress and coping strategies.
- Chrisann Schiro-Geist, Ph.D. Current interests include: international, vocational, and disability related issues
in counseling psychology. She has current funded research projects in vocational psychology
as it relates to return for work for incarcerated persons and transitions to work
for high school seniors with disabilities.
- Douglas Strohmer, Ph.D. Dr. Strohmer currently serves as the Chair of the Department of Counseling, Educational
Psychology and Research and has an appointment in the Counseling Psychology program.
His interests include: clinical judgment and decision-making, medical decision-making
and the Internet, personality assessment, counseling process, professional identity,
men in counseling, and disability issues.
- Chia-chen Yang, Ph.D. University of Wisconsin-Madison (2014). Adolescent development; use of social media,
social relationships, and identity development among youth and adolescents.
- Rosie P. Bingham, Ph.D., Ohio State University. Dr. Bingham currently serves as the Vice President for Student
Affairs and has a faculty appointment in the Department. Her interests include: multicultural
counseling, career counseling for women and ethnic minorities.